demo #6" "Insignificant"

GONZO-X

INSIGNIFICANT by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

this is the 6th demo in a SERIES of demos that are all slated to be on my upcoming album,
"Elemental".

this instrumental was inspired by something that happened during a white water rafting trip down the gauley River, in west virginia..
it's the name of one of the class V rapids...."Insignificant Rapid",
and it can be tricky.

this was all done using the Strymon Iridium, for both guitars and bass parts.

this is an unmastered file, direct off the Mains, 24 bit/48khz file. around -18LUFS

I always know Im in a treat listening to your stuff, great playing all the way around , and your music always engages me. Really like the dynamics on this one, lots of space to let the music breathe and create a great vibe, while lasting just long enough . Well done !

Great track! I think the lead guitar could be a touch louder. The snare/drums seems to stand out the most, but the to me, your guitar playing is the Star of the show, especially your leads. I like the layers in 2:40 really has a dynamic, deep feel to it. I like your touch of wah here and there, and you don't use it to hide your playing (like I do haha)

I always know Im in a treat listening to your stuff, great playing all the way around , and your music always engages me. Really like the dynamics on this one, lots of space to let the music breathe and create a great vibe, while lasting just long enough . Well done !

hi stratmonkee! glad you dig this stuff,
i think you get the idea i'm after, it is that 'engagement' thing, where maybe, if i catch you at a certain time,
it will hit, the way i intended... some kind of memory, or imagination.
this one kinda balances out the last one i posted!

Agree with much of what others have said..really tight playing and good balanced mix. You do seem to get a a lot of air in your mixes and every part gets room to stand out.

Mark

Great track! I think the lead guitar could be a touch louder. The snare/drums seems to stand out the most, but the to me, your guitar playing is the Star of the show, especially your leads. I like the layers in 2:40 really has a dynamic, deep feel to it. I like your touch of wah here and there, and you don't use it to hide your playing (like I do haha)

hey koubee,
thanks for the suggestions.
i think your right about the lead and drums...
i'm tweaking mixes now, so i'll give those changes a go, and see where it lands.

the wah, is my thing.
so, i try to NOT over do it.
just use it enough to grab some attention.

Agree with much of what others have said..really tight playing and good balanced mix. You do seem to get a a lot of air in your mixes and every part gets room to stand out.

Mark
hi mark!
thanks for the review...
lots of air, yes, i'm trying to create some openness in some of my mixes,
without resorting to much verb....
selective and complementary eq,
panning,
all the usual suspects.

Back