Cubase 7 Transport Panel / No Audio Activity during recording

seris7

Hello guys,

I have posted it in a bit different topic, but decided to copy/paste it also here... Thank U.

I pretty new to this forum but I can't say that I am a newbie to CuBase I have been using it since ver. 3 and everything worked perfectly.
Few days ago I have bought CuBase artist 7 and faced one problem that I have never seen before...

For example... I am trying to record guitar via fireface400 using GuitarRig 5. I add MONO channel in VST connections, add audio track, insert guitar rig...
I can hear clean guitar sound as soon as I connect guitar to fireface... but I see no audio activity (AUDIO IN) in Cubase 7... transport panel (AUDIO IN) stays still...
When I do press recording button, I can see CuBase recording, but I cant see audio activity (AUDIO IN) again... Also I cant hear the sound of guitar rig... normally I was pressing MONITOR button and could hear the sound.When I press play to hear the recorded file, guitar rig works well... but not during recording...

Same thing is with mic... I can hear myself... but I cant see any activity on transport panel (AUDIO IN)...

What could this be? Could You please help me?
THANK YOU!

This really annoyed me about CA7 and i didn't get much help from steinberg support.

It appears you have to have the Monitor button on the track engaged for audio to be recorded. (Seems like a big to me but whatever). i also had to set out routing of the track source to "nothing" or i would get the doubling effect of the audio.

I started out using the full C7 trial and didn't have this problem until the trial expired and i was on artist 7, so i think this is a CA7 issue and not with the full cubase 7.

Hello all,

This is not a Cubase 7 problem, nothing has been changed about the Audio routing since Cubase SX3.
To start recording first you need to make sure the ASIO driver for your sound card is selected under:
Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System > ASIO Driver > (Select the ASIO Driver of your sound card)

Once you have done this you have to set up your VST connections:
Devices > VST connections > Inputs > here you need to add the inputs that you might need (E.g. If you are going to record a Guitar you need a "Mono" input not a Stereo one.)
Depending on the interface that you have you need to either delete the default stereo bus and create a new mono bus, or simply add a new mono bus, but make sure that the Device Port selected for that bus is the same as the one you are using to connect your instrument.

Everything is explained on the knowledge base bellow: ASIO driver in Cubase

This video Tutorial will also help you a lot:

Cubase 7 Quick Start Video Tutorials - Chapter 2 - Getting connected - YouTube

This is exactly the same for both Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7.

If you still have doubts after reading the article and watching the tutorial, I will gladly help you ;)

Best regards,
GN

I had this problem for days until I finaly solved it with a little luck and fumbling through settings. I'm not sure how it got turned off for me either but if you right click on the transport panel it will give you options to show and hide certain things. One of them is audio activity and it must be checked. I'm sorry I'm not in front of my computer right now and can't remember the exact setting. Hope this helps someone.

Back