Could I use a TASCAM DR-40 for this?

Smoobg

Hi Friends,
I want to record vocals over a backing track on my MacPro Tower (2009). I would also like to be able to capture live performances at church, and occasionally take a line out from my POD HD 500x to record my guitar during performances. I have an AT 3035 condenser mic to use for the vocal recording (over backing tracks) at home.
I'm thinking of getting as TASCAM DR-40 to use for all these purposes. My other option is the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 for the vocal recordings at home. I wouldn't be able to use it for the other live performances described above. I'm uncertain how I would rig the TASCAM DR-40 to work with my MacPro while playing the backing track to sing over. Can this be done?

Thanks,
BG

You could record with the Tascam recorder, then USB the tracks to your computer.
You might want to consider the Zoon h4n which not only is a stand-alone recorder, but can also function as a USB interface when plugged into your computer.

You could record with the Tascam recorder, then USB the tracks to your computer.
You might want to consider the Zoon h4n which not only is a stand-alone recorder, but can also function as a USB interface when plugged into your computer.

Awesome! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, thanks for your response!

Back