change or assign midi keys???

rtstudio

Hey everyone, I have my own studio I have been putting together for a few years and just recently purchased the Akai MPD18. A local metal band wants me to record them and they prefer recording the drums through midi samples, however with their style music they are going to need two bass drum pads and two snare pads. I have been trying to research it but cant find much helpful information. is there any way to change the pads on the interface so that I can have two bass drum inputs and two snare inputs? Thanks so much in advance

You can assign any individual pad to any sample.

Look into drum mapping and how to access the pads in edit mode to reassign the MIDI note#'s to the samples you want to play. If you look at the drum sequence in piano roll and have the sample bank drum map entered you can see which MIDI note# you need to access to get that snare or kick to play.

thanks a lot! I'm going to see if I can figure it out when I get in front of my studio computer, its crazy how theres not much support on this kind of thing online. I searched for a while and never found anything...

Back