Change MIDI out commands

AlliGator

Hello everyone, I have a question about how to change the function of a fader on a USB midi controller to controll an analog drum machine's volume. The controller I have is the A&H Xone 1D and I would like to control the volumes of the instruments of a Korg Volca Beats. When I connect the Xone to the little machine the only two functions that work are the kick (note C1) and the snare (note D1 of the controller), so the connection seems to work. What I would like to do is change the outputs informations coming from the Xone so that the volumes of the Korg will be controlled by the faders of the controller. Does it exist a Midi controller editor that simply change the note of the controller? for example the Korg responds to the midi note 40 to control the volume of the kick drum but on the Xone the note of the fader I would like to assign to the kick is CC19.
Thanks

Luca

Look at page 13: http://www.allen-heath.com/media/XONE1D_UG_AP7080_3.pdf

That should get you what you want.

I'm already on Channel 10 of the Xone because the standard channel for the drum machines is channel 10 (in fact if I set the Xone on a different channel the kick and the snare, the only two commands that the Korg recives for the moment, don't respond). What I'm looking for is a software that changes the standard notes of the Xone midi controller in others notes so that I can configure the sliders of the controller to control the volumes of the Korg via midi.

I've never tried one myself, but from what I've seen others post in other forums I think the MIDI Solutions Event Processor, or something similar, is what you need. There's also the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus, which can process more commands. But if all you want to do is map the four sliders-- i.e., four events-- then the regular model should be sufficient, as it can process up to ten events. Or, if you were to get the Plus model, that should let you map everything on the XONE:1D to something else, as it can process up to 32 events.

I saw the product and seems interesting but in this case I would rather spend some money on a programmable controller with just faders, a midi out and a dedicated editor for MIDI signals out. Do you people know one that is cheap and has these features?

Back