CANNOT uninstall Sound Forge 9

Nick The Man

YA know what really grinds my gears?

How it will not allow me to uninstall Sony Sound Forge 9.0e. My trial ran out and I want it off my computer, however when I go to add/remove programs and hit remove it says it cannot open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSony Media SoftwareSound Forge9.0"

Which is obviously a registry file, so I went into my registry and followed the path and could not find this file. So I've tried to install later versions and even the same, and it tells me that I "already have it installed, remove it with add/remove programs and try again"

Just a whole clusterfuck cycle... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar problem before however I went to bleepingcomputer.com and they helped me fix the problem...its a forum worth registering for...they can help with almost anything and are excellent at what they do.

My only advice would be to try a program called unlocker...try removing after downloading unlocker...make sure program is running/opened when doing so...unlocker is really used for getting rid of files/folders that wont go away or delete however it may work for add and remove as well.

Bleepingcomputer.com is the place to go...may take an hour or 2 for a reply buy there good at what they do.

Arg...cant post a link until I have 5 posts here...I sent you a private message however Im not sure if they allow links in my messages either so let me know if you get them.

Hey thanks alot for the site, I signed up. Welcome to the board too, theres alot of good people here with alot of knowledge. Now lets see if Bleeping Computer lives up to their reputation.

Back