Can I Recover An Overwritten Session?

CollizionFromDM

What's Up Guys, I've Officially Labeled Myself A Dumbass. Alright So, I Was Recording With One Of The Homies & He Was Doing His Verse For A Track. Normally What I Do Is Mix A Hook In A Seperate Session, Convert It, Then Transfer It To Another Session For The Verse. Well The Hook Was In Place But I Needed To Do A Little Extra Tweaking To It On The Other Session So I Just Put That In Place Of It So I Could Go Back And Do The Tweaking Then Export It Into The Verse Session, He Layed His Verse Down, I Wasn't Paying Attention When I Saved It And I Over Wrote The Session That The Hook Was In. Is There Anyway I Can Retrieve That? I Have All The Vocals For The Hook, But The Actual Session I Need Because It Has The Bus Mixer Settings, EQ's, Ect Ect. Can Someone Help Me Out?

Unfortunately - no. Unless you have a backup then you are screwed.

"What I Do Is Mix A Hook In A Seperate Session, Convert It, Then Transfer It To Another Session For The Verse"

Sounds like a long way round - why not just use one multitrack session?

Too late now but there are a number of utilities like ses backup apps etc on my AATranslator web site. Might be useful in case this happens again

Back