Cakewalk work with Mackie Spike?

trviolante

I have Cakewalk Audio 8 and was looking at Spike. Will the interface automatically engage Cakewalk or must one use the sequencing software provided with Spike to make a line recording? Also, if Spike and Cakewalk don't "talk" to each other, can I bring up a midi file made by Cakewalk into Spike Traktion and then add my audio line recordings?

This is all because my Fostex deck died and I'm not willing to buy another expensive digital hard-drive recording deck.

Thanks,
Tom

I have Cakewalk Audio 8 and was looking at Spike. Will the interface automatically engage Cakewalk or must one use the sequencing software provided with Spike to make a line recording? Also, if Spike and Cakewalk don't "talk" to each other, can I bring up a midi file made by Cakewalk into Spike Traktion and then add my audio line recordings?

This is all because my Fostex deck died and I'm not willing to buy another expensive digital hard-drive recording deck.

Thanks,
Tom

I used Traktion back when they first released it (for free) and thought it had potential...

I haven't used the Spike, but as long as your computer recognizes it as your Audio I/O, Cakewalk should have no issues with it, I'm thinking.

Even if Spike is 'tied' into Traktion, the Midi and Audio files can be saved and imported into Cakewalk if needed...

Hope this helps!

:)

synch problem with spike and cakewalk

My audio records via Mackie Spike but is out of synch with the midi track on Cakewalk. I tried all synch options but get noe success. Any ideas?

Back