Cakewalk sonar 7! Help!!!!

ganestrogs

Hi, i've been using sonar 7 producer edition for about 2 weeks now. I've been recording this song for 2weeks also. Yesterday everything was fine, i was mastering and about ready to finish. Today I open up sonar and when ever I press play, it doesnt do anything! it just plays and stops really quick no audio and goes back to the mark. I can't even record either! I also tried extracting the audio and that also didn't work! It gave me the there isn't enough storage space available sign, when I have about 300gb of storage left on my hardrive! HELP can anyone tell what is the problem??? This program is going completely wacko on me! If i start a new project, everything is fine and i can playback and record and everything!!!! it's very weird!!!!! thank you

Hi, i've been using sonar 7 producer edition for about 2 weeks now. I've been recording this song for 2weeks also. Yesterday everything was fine, i was mastering and about ready to finish. Today I open up sonar and when ever I press play, it doesnt do anything! it just plays and stops really quick no audio and goes back to the mark. I can't even record either! I also tried extracting the audio and that also didn't work! It gave me the there isn't enough storage space available sign, when I have about 300gb of storage left on my hardrive! HELP can anyone tell what is the problem??? This program is going completely wacko on me! If i start a new project, everything is fine and i can playback and record and everything!!!! it's very weird!!!!! thank you

That does sound bizarre... Especially since new projects are performing as they should.... Sounds like a setting in your current project?

You could try deleting the aud.ini file... See if things straighten up at all... Or maybe try switching between ASIO and WDM to maybe kickstart the audio engine.

You didn't mention if you've installed the 7.x upgrades or not... They fixed many audio engine related issues.

Sonar 8 has been out for about a year and a half... Why did you go with 7 two weeks ago?

i took your word and i upgraded to sonar 8.2 then my project played just fine on the program!!!! thank you so much!:) now i can finally post my music on myspace. check me out if you ever have the chance!!! again thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/ziad31
http://www.myspace.com/ganestrongs :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Since a legit upgrade from 7.x would have been to 8.5, I guess I'm a bit curious on your method of 'upgrading'.

Thanks for the offer to listen to your music, but I think I'll pass.

:cool:

Back