Buying a used License of Ableton

Chagumi

Hello,
Would you guys trust buying a license from someone on Ebay?
I've been asking around for a copy of Live 10 Suite in the range of $200-300. Sweetwater and other retailers don't carry it.
Would you have any suggestions?

Welcome @Chagumi!

I wouldn't. I've been cheated with computer stuff enough times already - go as close to the source as possible. That being said, if you need Live 10 instead of Live 11, that's pretty much your only chance. Just check the seller reviews and be very - very - careful.

Hello,
Would you guys trust buying a license from someone on Ebay?
I've been asking around for a copy of Live 10 Suite in the range of $200-300. Sweetwater and other retailers don't carry it.
Would you have any suggestions?
No - how many is he selling? - when they sell a digital only license it is 100% guaranteed fake - you just have to pay the piper.

When you buy 10, you can get 11. At least when I upgraded to 10. I received an upgrade for 11 with my license.

I know Ableton does allow for license transfer. I know this first hand. I purchase Ableton for my daughter, she moved on to other things as she got older and I had $800 invested and wasn't going to let it go to waste. I requested the license be transferred to me and with a little effort, not a bunch of hoops, I received ownership. If you trust the source, it is legit.

Not sure why you won't update to 11, but I am sure you have your reasons.

When you buy 10, you can get 11. At least when I upgraded to 10. I received an upgrade for 11 with my license.

I know Ableton does allow for license transfer. I know this first hand. I purchase Ableton for my daughter, she moved on to other things as she got older and I had $800 invested and wasn't going to let it go to waste. I requested the license be transferred to me and with a little effort, not a bunch of hoops, I received ownership. If you trust the source, it is legit.

Not sure why you won't update to 11, but I am sure you have your reasons.
So I am interested in Live 11 Suite, but I thought it would be hard to get it on my budget. $450 is the most I'm willing to pay.
I found this ^ site that is designed for selling software licenses, but all of the Live 11 Suite licenses are listed by sellers with no history or reviews. However, this site uses Paypal and if you send the payment via "Goods and services" you have buyer protection and can request a refund if the seller doesn't come through.
I've never used this method to buy software, but it seems safe enough. I know some of you have been cheated, so what do you think of this? I'll probably do it.

Further reading about their safety protocol:

I found this ^ site that is designed for selling software licenses, but all of the Live 11 Suite licenses are listed by sellers with no history or reviews. However, this site uses Paypal and if you send the payment via "Goods and services" you have buyer protection and can request a refund if the seller doesn't come through.
I've never used this method to buy software, but it seems safe enough. I know some of you have been cheated, so what do you think of this? I'll probably do it.
The sellers look legit - you have to stick to their suggestions though - like license transfers have to come from the Manufacturer - Use PayPal Goods etc...but they are decent enough prices - if you follow their rules about safety protocols I think you would be fine.

A while back, I was on the lookout for software, and like you, I considered buying from individuals on eBay. I found a seller who seemed reputable, had good reviews, and even answered all my questions promptly. It felt like a safe bet.

However, after purchasing the license, things took an unexpected turn. A few months down the line, Ableton flagged the license as invalid, and I couldn't get any support or updates.

If you're concerned about budget constraints, keep an eye out for Ableton's official promotions or discounts. They occasionally offer deals that can help you save while ensuring you get a legitimate license. And if you ever need more advice or insights on software matters, you can check out https://faqaudio.com/. They've got some useful resources.

Last edited:
Back