BR-1600 Please help!

socialparasites

Hi there people, i am a long-time user (and abuser) of the Boss/Roland BR series home recording units. currently i'm using the Br-1600. It's an amazing piece of kit, no complaints, just a few little niggles...if anyone could help out i'd be eternally greatful. my issues:

1. recently i've had to re-initialize the hard drive to free the space back up (accumulated by backlogged data etc). now that ain't the problem, what i didn't realise is that with the hard drive being wiped, all my personalised user COSM effects have disappeared too. which is irritating considering i'm trying to write albums with a bit of consistency...so i am guessing, like song data, user effect data will be stored in the system. somewhere...somehow...but how the f do i recover them to be used normally again?

2. Now my other problem is thus, having foolishly not backed up one particular song, i had to again delete it to free up space. any ideas if it is recoverable and how i'd go about it? i'm thinking data recovery...but have not the time nor patience. the unit is in use every day...the thing is i DID back up the original seperated tracks on my laptop, but deleted it ignorantly thinking i had it on cd still. So i tried a free data recovery thing off the net but i wasn't able to recover half the files it discovered, let alone find the damn files. and the file tags...don't even start...

SO, as you can probably understand i'm not that technically minded, so if anyone has any help i will love you forever.

ta very much,

Nafe

Try some free software like Undelete first - it might not work on the BR, but maybe you can recover the tracks on your computer that you deleted.

Back