Boss BR1600

makjoh

A question for technos to hope fully explain to me

I have the 80GB version of the Boss BR1600 and have imported 8 blues backing tracks onto the Hard drive. There are other songs and demo songs varying in memory from 50Mb to 60MB with the demo songs between 300 to 350MB

In total it equates to maybe 3 0r 4 GB used on the hard drive with the backing tracks and demos

But my display now states HDD full?? Despite it having 80GB memory?

What has taken up the memory? I am at a loss to understand this. I have double checked the mb used and it calculates at 3.8 GB of hdd memory taken by the backing tracks and demos. Surely on Boss's sales pitch I should have over 76 GB left to record and import more tracks?

Kind Regards

Read through the manual - when you record new tracks or delete old ones, they are still in memory. There's a special thing you need to do to remove them. Sorry,, I don't ave time to search out the manual this morning.

Mike,
Do you know if the the BR1600 hard drive is partitioned to several smaller sections? My own Tascam 2488NEO has a partitioned 80G drive that can show 'Full' for a partition, but the entire drive isn't full.
The 2488NEO also has a 'cleanup' utility that gets rid of the unused edits and/or deletions which can free up space.

Thanks.....already done that. Theres no way I've recorded 80GB of data in all the time I,ve had it anyway

interesting point arcaxis......similar problem. I have a feeling the HDD's are not as large a memory as the sales pitches told us!!

Thanks mjb.....already been through the song optimisation and carried out the commands. But like I said, theres no way I have recorded 80GB of material or imported it. Will run through it again and post results

The thing is that the Boss holds all the previous tracks you recorded over, or deleted, in its memory. I had a BR600, had to learn about that!

I grabbed the BR1600 pdf. Evidently the HD can be partitioned during a format with up to 8 partitions, so what you actually have could be considerably less than the full 80Gigs (are you 100% sure you have the 80Gig HD?). You can view the partitions if any as described in the manual under 'Performing hard disk operations' and also as well change to a different partition.

Attachments

• br1600 partitions.jpg
    br1600 partitions.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for that arcaxis..........I definitely have the 80GB version as opposed to the 40 GB version. It was a later version sold by Boss and the one I bought. Gonna study that manual a bit more I think. I was unaware of hard drive partitions. There's less than an hours worth of recorded tracks on the hard drive if that is anything to go by. And I get the message 'HDD full delete some memory e.t.c

Back