Best Sound Module to make Techno / Dance

Devas

Hi all!

I'm looking for a great amount of techno sounds and some effects to apply them.
What is the best sound module to make dance / techno? I was going to buy a Proteus2000 with the OrbitV2 expansion card into it... but I'm not sure.
Is outhere something newer or better?

Thanx!

Also check out the Roland JP-8080. It's a rackmount version of the JP-8000, but it gives you 4 more voices of polyphony as well as a built in vocoder. It's loaded with knobs and faders so you can control any parameter you want at any time. I've seen it for like $1150, so it's more than the proteus by like 4 bills.

The virus b also has a vocoder (32-band)
but it is 16-part multi timbral (insted to 2-part like the JP-8080) and also has a 24 voice poly. Don't get me wrong, I wish I had a JP-8080 as well! (you can get some totally wicked sounds with it) But for about $100 more, I think the Virus b gives you a little more synth for your money. you can't really go wrong with eather one!

I have a Roland XP-30 and a Proteus 2000 and I'm very happy with both of them - lot's of cool sounds, many are beautiful and conservative, but not after I tweak them and put them in a song. Chose these over the Orbit and Planet Phatt. Was gonna get an Audity 2000 as well, but I'm very curious about what is going on with Emu and their sound modules.

The Orbit, then Orbit v2.

The Planet Phatt, and the upcoming "Mo Phatt".

The very cool Audity 2000, and the announced X-treme ROM for it - which has sounds of the Orbit and Phatt (but are they only the original sounds or the v2 new sounds too?)

And now, the X-Treme Lead, which is being promoted as the successor to the Orbit (but seems to possibly be the successor to the Audity as well - 12th order filters like the Audity) Also, the X-Treme Lead is advertised as being able to accept Proteus 200 ROMs, but does the Audity 2000 accept them too?

It seems that the Proteus ROM is going to be their standard.

I called Emu for some direct answers before I drop another $650 for an Audity or X-treme Lead. If anyone's interested, I'll post what Emu tells me.

Almost forgot, I just got a Boss VF-1 and the effects are VERY WILD and high quality. This thing is very usable for techno or anything!

I've had lots of effect units, but this one has it all - Mic sims, guitar amp sims (just as good as the POD), vocal effects, just tons of stuff...

Midi, digital out, 1/4inch in and out.

Too bad that it's only a half rack, they blew it big time there...

In my opinion, a great unit (paid $349 at Guitar Center).

Back