Behringer Xenyx X2222USB No Sound

vampireontitus

My Behringer Xenyx X2222USB is not taking any sound and not emitting any sound. It turns on but there is no power light. The +48 v light is on though. I'm just using a standard IEC cable, probably not the original. Does this model have a super specific power supply or something?

I would put serious money on that mixer having a Switch Mode Power Supply (my BCA2000 does) and so the 48V supply might be working but the +ve and -ve audio supplies failed. Does the FX display light up?

You are I fear going to have problems getting that fixed. SMPSUs are notoriously difficult to repair and best replaced as a whole unit from the manfctrs and in my experience Behringer are not going to do that. If you can find a tech' prepared to take it on you could sweeten the job by buying the service manual I have seen advertised on several sites.

All that said, do Behringer have service agents around the world? Never had to check.

Were it MY mixer (and it looks rather nice!) I would bin the SMPSU and build a neat 50Hz unit with a tasty torroid as an external lump.

Dave.

My Behringer Xenyx X2222USB is not taking any sound and not emitting any sound. It turns on but there is no power light. The +48 v light is on though. I'm just using a standard IEC cable, probably not the original. Does this model have a super specific power supply or something?
Its a generic 2nd source switching power supply, but what usually happens to them and Mackie boards like them is the power supply plug gets slightly unplugged in them if you move them around a lot. 9 out of 10 times I had one come to me for a repair always was this connector. So I bet if you open the board (remove bottom plate) you will find the power supply slightly unplugged going to the board inside.

Back