Behringer x32 strange HF whistle

rob aylestone

I really should post this on a live sound forum, but I kind of trust the folk her more for ‘quality’ based comments. Did a show yesterday, one man and a mic, into a big clown PA with a well cared for X32. One of the crew, young, not old like me, could her a high pitched tone. His phone said it was 18K. During the show the audience noise masked it, but it was present during the waiting time before the doors opened. It oddly would be there, then stop. He yelled, yes, youve fixed it, but I hadn’t even touched it, then it started again. My hearing falls off over 14K now so was totally inaudible to me. Weirdly, out of four of us, ranging from 22 to 65, it was only the 33year old who could hear it? His phone backed up his ears but I have no idea what was going on? Anybody had this happen?

Could be the Power supply - or the fault of the power in the venue you were playing within - were you able to duplicate it at home?

Well - the gear lives there until October, so once the show started and people were in, nobody mentioned it - it was just that the people with good hearing could hear the whine, which others could not. Low enough to not show at all on the superimposed displays on the desk. It could have been power related, but nothing has been changed there either, and nobody has heard it before which is weird. Probably won't happen again - but it nags at me a bit. I have a Midas M32 here but that's silent - or at least silent to me?

Back