Behringer: TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC200 (for recording guitar/bass signal into DAW )

Loading a PUP with 10k has the effect of flattening out the peak at 5-8kHz that normally occurs when loaded by the Magic Meg. So the response is flat which translates to a sound which is boring and well, FLAT!
One advantage of going into lowZ? It pretty much eliminates cable effects.

And.."Excuse to buy a fancy pre amp.." FANCY! Behringer starved plate????

Dave.

Loading a PUP with 10k has the effect of flattening out the peak at 5-8kHz that normally occurs when loaded by the Magic Meg. So the response is flat which translates to a sound which is boring and well, FLAT!
One advantage of going into lowZ? It pretty much eliminates cable effects.

And.."Excuse to buy a fancy pre amp.." FANCY! Behringer starved plate????

Dave.

It's got lights that glow in the dark. What else do you need?

ecc83,
I know starved plate works but a previous poster commented on an LED simulating a glowing tube so tried to clarify the why. It certainly doesn't add the "tubeness" that we expect from amps and old old 60s signal paths.
I bought the Mic100 & then a Presonus Blue Tube before sussing out the slight scam going on. The BlueTube has a "drive" dial that brings in the tube - adding a bit or a lot of it/grit/noise/warmth to the solid state line of processing. It's OK with guitar & bass but not with acoustic instruments & vox.
I also have a mico tube microphone from Naiant Studios but am not sure what it adds - it sounds nice anyway.

It's got lights that glow in the dark. What else do you need?

So you are seduced by shiny things? What are you, a GIRL? HEH!

Rayc, There are apparently "tubed" devices that use the LED to simulate a heater and the valve actually does sweet FA! in fact you can take it out of circuit and the thing still passes signals.

Then there are SPlate units that offer some it seems of the valves qualities. Not sure where the Berry comes in that continuum?

BTW. Blackstar were criticised in some quarters for just this slight of hand. The operate LED is on the power board (heater, 15-0-15 reg and 300V) and IN ORDER TO FEKKING SEE IT, it shines up thru a hole in the next PCB in the stack and thru the valve body. HAD we wanted to fool anyone we would have made the LED fekking dull RED not the bright Orange that heaters are not!

Dave.

No pedals at all?

I just tried my Boss chorus pedal - plugged in my Fender bass - sussed! Have now obtained a strong signal via my Behringer mixer into my sound card mixer and Cubase. My thanks to you and all others who offered advice.

Back