Behringer mixer

It's so hard to pick a favorite...

Oh, I was talking about mixers, not cheese... I'm so over cheese now.

Behringer has done a lot to bring the cost of recording down to a level where normal folk can tinker in the types of hardware that used to cost a years wages, for less than a weeks now. Despite the fact that they have done this by stealing intellectual property without even trying to disguise it, I think they've been good for you even if you never bought a thing from them.

Now the stuff they sell has it's place too, some won't touch it... others swear by it, and both camps are absolutely correct. There's no silver bullet in recording, and one man's garbage is another mans treasure. Behringer gives you access to some routing and features that would not be available on a board of comparable price. If the routing and features improve your workflow... the results could be better than on a better board at a higher price.

And as always... you get what you pay for...

Congratulations on the most striking case of thread necromancy I've come across to date. This topic was 8 years old until it was brought back to zombie-style life 17 hours ago!

Just so I can claim to be on topic, I'll say that Behringer mixers represent decent value for money--but no potential buyers should fool themselves that they are anything other than the bargain basement end of the market. Moving up to something like Soundcraft or A&H will be audibly better and certainly better built.

As for the Mackie vs. Behringer, frankly I'm another one who puts Mackie in the same quality range. They certainly aren't demonstrably much better than Behringer--like designer clothes, they just add a mark up for the name on the box. Buy Behringer if you have to stick to that money; jump to Soundcraft, A&H or perhaps Yamaha if you have more to spend.

Bob

Back