Behringer MINIAMP AMP800

Laes

Banned
Hey guys, anyone used this headphone amp, I'm planning to buy it and want to know what you think about it?

I have not used that particular unit but I have used both the HA400 and the HA4600. Both performed well.....although the HA400 was easily overdriven and therefore distorted easily, but what do you want for $20. Our band currently uses the HA4600 for in-ear monitors for live shows. It's a great product. My experience with Behringer products has been excellent for their price point and I've never regreted any B product I've bought.

I have not used that particular unit but I have used both the HA400 and the HA4600. Both performed well.....although the HA400 was easily overdriven and therefore distorted easily, but what do you want for $20. Our band currently uses the HA4600 for in-ear monitors for live shows. It's a great product. My experience with Behringer products has been excellent for their price point and I've never regreted any B product I've bought.

You all used wired-in-ears? A bit unusual, unless it's a band of all drummers and keyboard players!

We ARE unusual :)

Yes, all 3 of us use wired in-ear monitors. We play small venues.....50 to 100 people and we all sit on stools.....no need to move and the in-ear wires are no more inconvenient than guitar and mic cables. In most of our venues, stage monitors loud enough to do us much good are typically LOUDER than our FOH mains need to be. We set all levels with SPL meters.....max of about 75dB.

Since we switched to all in-ear monitors, setting and maintaining complaint-free audience levels has become MUCH easier. No more "you're too loud" complaints and no feedback issues. Wish we could afford wireless in-ears, but the cost/benefit ratio just isn't there. We all use Shure SE215s in one ear only and remove the other earpiece from the cable....keeping the other ear open for ambient sound. For us, this makes a VERY efficient monitoring system. The HA4600 allows us to each receive a "custom" volume level and the clear SE215s are virtually invisible to the audience.

I use one of these for multiple headphone users, everyone gets their own volume control and you can connect additional equip to feed individual inputs fir each channel, plus there are a whole load of extra outputs on the rear of the unit. Works well no distortion or tainting of the audio.

Tim
85583_l.jpg

Back