Behringer C2 SDCs

I have two pairs.

I bought a pair off a friend many years ago because he didn't like them. I tried them out and thought they were fine. So fine, in fact, that I bought another pair, and used them instead of SM57s for live sound.

I posted a sample of a C2 used on double bass somewhere here at the time.

https://app.box.com/file/283919180

They are great value for money

I found a nice YouTube demo for a pair. Be sure to watch the ending.. he splits one to vocal, one to acoustic and they sound nice. Hell.. for the price, it might be criminal not to buy a pair :listeningmusic:

Thanks chaps. I bought a pair just over a week ago and gave them a quick test and thought them very good. Sensitivity was not as high as I thought it might be but really good for the money so I shipped them over to my son in France. He has come back with a recording that shows one mic as being around 8dB noisier than the other. We don't know if we are being too picky for the money!

I'll tidy up his recording and post it tomorrow...Must pit now.

Dave.

Currently on this side of the world, all the music stores have them on sale for $49 US - but all the Amazon options are at $75-$85 !!! - still not terribly bad.. only in comparison, I reckon.

Pair of C-2s 🤚... one CK-1 ... ✋

aahrrrrgggghhh!

Currently on this side of the world, all the music stores have them on sale for $49 US - but all the Amazon options are at $75-$85 !!! - still not terribly bad.. only in comparison, I reckon.

aahrrrrgggghhh!
'Zon have them here at £35 free delivery, that's currently $47.88 and I have ordered a new pair. I shall test those and if better than son's sample, get them replaced.

Dave.

Attached is a 320k MP3 of a recording son has done. You can see I am sure the greater noise on the left track. He is leaving the mic under a lamp overnight to see if that effects any improvement.

Dave.

Attachments

• 2021-09-27 Today's Noiseneg 01.mp3
    3.5 MB
Attached is a 320k MP3 of a recording son has done. You can see I am sure the greater noise on the left track. He is leaving the mic under a lamp overnight to see if that effects any improvement.

Dave.
Yes. I can definitely hear a little something similar to hand-holding rumble. I wonder if it's the mic's low-frequency roll-off, input attenuation or a windscreen would have any effect.

Last edited:
Yes. I can definitely hear a little something similar to hand-holding rumble. I wonder if it's low-frequency roll-off, input attenuation or a windscreen would have any effect.
Agreed, I put the rather crude RT Analyser in Samplitude on the 'silence' and there is definitely more energy at LF but one mic is def' worse than the other. I hope to get two more the morrow then I can check those.

Dave.

Back