Behringer ADA 8000 and Logic pro X

Sherif Nour

HI ,

i work with logic pro X . connected to RME FireFace 400 audio interface ,

i used the all 6 outputs of my RME , and i wanted to add more outputs to spread my mix into my analogue Alan & Heath mixer,
so i have bought Behringer ADA 8000 to use it via optical cable connected to the RME
my question is : how can i assign an ADAT out in my Logic pro to start use the out of the 8 channels of my Behringer ?
AND ..
my connection is : from RME opticl out to optical in ADA 8000 & from ADA 8000 XLR out to mixer in
is this right ?

Logic pro should list all your outputs, adat included, regardless of what is or isn't plugged in.
At my setup, Protools shows me 8 channels of adat I/O (motu 828), but there's nothing plugged into them.

If the I/O isn't listed, you might need to browse through your settings and see what's what. I don't know logic well enough to direct you.

The fireface has 18 outputs so everything seems to be present and correct.
You'll just have to work out which is which for yourself.

At a guess I'd say it'll be

1--Mic (front)
2--Mic (front)
3--Line (front)
4--Line (front)
5--Line (rear)
6--Line (rear)
7--Line (rear)
8--Line (rear)
9--Adat (rear)
10-Adat (rear)
11-Adat (rear)
12-Adat (rear)
13-Adat (rear)
14-Adat (rear)
15-Adat (rear)
16-Adat (rear)
17-SPDIF (rear)
18-SPDIF (rear)

but just assign something to your outputs and find out the hard way. :)

Your RME driver controls what is reported to your DAW. Probably there is something in the driver setup you may have missed. The driver interacts with the DAW and the interface, so check your driver settings, make sure it set up correctly and understand how it works, then you can set up the DAW as required.

I can see the ADAT outputs in my Cubase , but not in Logic !
i don't know if i made the right connection to my ADA 8000 : from RME opticl out to optical in ADA 8000 & from ADA 8000 XLR out to mixer in
is this right ?

AND : when I assigned ADAT output from the Cubase , i did not had any out level in my mixer coming from my ADA 8000 !

now i'm confused , is this a broken optical cable from Radio Shak ? OR , this is a problem from my BRAND NEW Behringer ADA 8000 ? OR a wrong connection as I explained !!
really i need help , can anyone ask me to try things to make this work ?

thank you

to Steenamaroo ,

maybe you are right in what you guess , but why not the 9 and 10 not the SPDIF as the MRE Matrix map ?

will try all

thank you :)

LOL. It's your interface buddy. I'm just guessing here.

You're connecting the interface to the ADA adat in, right? And using the rear XLR outs?

I'm not super familiar with the ada but you'll need to make sure it's set to the same sample rate as the interface, if it has options.
You may also need to set the clock settings. I'm not 100% sure what to, but certainly to something! :p

My advice would be to set up in cubase (since it names the outputs).
Import 4 mp3s and set them to span the 8 adat outs.
Hit play then footer with the settings I mentioned there.

Make sure you have the ada line outs going to something that'll let you monitor in real time. Some monitors, a mixer....whatever.

WELL ..i found that ADAT is starting from 9 to 16

the problem now : no sound coming from output 1 of ADA 8000 to the mixer :(
any one have some tricks in ADA 8000 and RME FireFace 400 with the Matrix map of it ?

YESSSSSSS

I DID IT .. it was just adjustment from the STUPID Matrix map in my audio interface :D

thank you for your time to all of you :)

Back