Available: TEAC 80-8 Reel to Reel and CX-310 Cassette Deck (both for repair, as is)

Roozter

PM with offers. I'm selling these as is, and can tell you that the CX-310 needs new belts, and that the 80-8 was used as a parts machine by its previous owner.

The 80-8 is missing the playback head, a NAB hub, some plastic parts (buttons/switches/small covers), new rubber for the pinch roller, as well as light bulbs that will need replacing in the meters and on certain buttons. Internally, I believe it will need new belts, or it will need work done on the motors, couldn't tell you, as I don't have the tools and time to get inside the machine. For all I know, a simple cleaning and lubing may do the trick, but I would hope for belts, and expect motor issues. I think with a bit of time and money, you could turn a decent profit on this machine, or use it.

Summary: Powering on but the hubs don't move (even with the tension arm engaged), no playback head.

The CX-310 I've been able to look at with an electronics expert, and its as simple as replacing the belts, which cost a measly 20 dollars.

Summary: New belts.

Buyer pays shipping/insurance. Local pick up in the Cincinnati, OH area is free. Best offer gets them.

Back