Auto-Print in Acid?

evixketh

Obligatory: First Post! :D

Okay, here's my question. I've been using Sony Acid 6 and more recently 7 to record my music. I make guitar rock music, and use Guitar Rig to get my guitar sounds.

What I want to know is if there's a way I can apply the Guitar Rig VST to the input while I'm recording, and have it record that, rather than recording the clean signal with a Guitar Rig VST applied to each track. Just have it record the WAVE. I hope that makes sense. I usually end up with 6+ tracks, all with Guitar Rig affecting them individually, and it's sucking down my computer resources, and causing stuttering. :(

Thanks in advance!

if you're using acid Pro 7 you can insert an input bus, attach the Guitar rig VST to the bus and every track you record that is routed through the input bus will be recorded with the effects and you won't need to put the VST on each track

That's in PRO 7 if you're using Music Studio I don't know if it has the ability to add input busses, youd have to check the manual

So doing it this way, would that help with clearing up some resources because you dont have 4-6 tracks with the same (sometimes big) chain of effects?

Yeah, I just tried it last night, recorded some scratch. 1 bass track, 5 guitar tracks (2 clean rhythms, to distorted rhythms, and a lead) and a MIDI track through Addictive Drums. It goes a lot smoother now, though you lose a little flexibility with being able to tweak the VSTs after the fact, but for Guitar Rig 3, if you have good tone to begin with, you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks again for the suggestion! Worked like a charm! :D

Back