Audio processing & FX: Lexicon MX200 v NANO2?

kr236rk

Hi,

If I had to spin a coin between the Nano2 & the Lexicon MX200, primarily for groovy reverbs on mic, which one should I go for please?

I use an analogue mixer into my pc interface - not sure whether a dedicated fx unit would hook up with the mixer or plug straight to the interface direct?

Thanks

I have used the Lexicon MX200 for tracking vocals before. Simply used to add a touch of comfort reverb in the artists cans and it certainly did the job! Never used it during mixdown to be honest, but I'm sure it would be worthy.

What mixer do you have? I have a cheap little Behringer Xenyx1002 hooked up in my home studio for tracking purposes. I use the FX send on the mixer and hook it up to the input of my reverb and route the signal coming back from the unit to an empty channel on the mixer. Simple as that!

For what it's worth, my current reverb is a Zoom 1201 that I picked up for £50 on Ebay and it is absolutely marvellous! I love that thing...made in Japan.

Hope this helps at all!

I've used to use an mx200 - nice for comfort reverb, live gigs.

Most of the reverbs are at least as usable as the stock reverbs that come with Cubase (7, in my case) so unless the sound of your reverb is the thing holding your mix back it's a good deal.

Haven't tried the Nano2

Back