audio drop during recording/78rpm to Digital/CD

SteveinAlaska

As I make the BIG jump into this, I discover an issue with my work in Adobe Audition 3/ASUS laptop with Windows 7. I am working with a rebuilt DUAL 1002F turntable built between 1950-54 as the player for 78rpm records that date as early as 1905 thru the 30s &40s records.The path is like this....DUAL 1002F > Kenwood KR7070 amp/receiver> Tascam US 122 MK II pc interface > computer & software.

I have noticed an audible drop for 5 to 10 seconds during the course of recording but to me I don't notice this drop just listening to the record alone. I first attributed to record wear but it is occurring with all records used so far.

The one thought, and I tried to find the info but could not find it, is that there are some automatic functions in Windows that are causing the "blip" in my recording efforts

Attachments

• IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Make sure you have your anti-virus and wi-fi turned off while recording.

Also make sure the asio latency setting is not too low.
In fact for direct recording like that you can max out the latency setting and it'll make it easier on your cpu.

Your laptop drive and OS could be doing some housekeeping chores that's overflowing the recording buffer, too.
Recording to a secondary drive (even a usb2 drive) will help that.

Not related to your question, but I would keep all the digital stuff further from the turntables to avoid interference.

Back