Article: How I Got Into Digital Recording

Here is an article I penned on how I finally started digital recording. I'm hoping it fits here because it sort of covers the basics of hardware/software for people researching or considering home recording. I hope to write regular articles on the process so this will be the first in a series. Feedback welcome as I'm still playing with tone & voice for these articles. Many thanks - please enjoy. If you feel there's a more appropriate from for this on the site please feel free to suggest that. Future articles will be more technical and explore the development of workflow and the learning curve involved. Cheers.

Rob

Home Audio Recording: A Personal Odyssey

Thanks very much guys. I'm really hoping to "give back" with this series of articles. I imagine there are tons of old rockers from back in the day who just don't realize how quickly they could get back into playing and recording (at low expense) - It's a great way to rehabilitate your chops while slowly mastering a new skill set that is as creative as the playing itself in some respects. I've already come a long way since the time of this article - the learning curve is enormously steep but quick - and what's great is how accessible information is to help you (including sites like this one - Yeah HomeRecording.com

Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to make sure my stuff is vested with real life experience and content and isn't just some throwaway post - more longform which I know really bucks the general trend.

Regards

Rob

Absolutely fascinating story...I read your Lennon story also...

You a very good writer...no kidding...

Thanks Steve. Very much appreciated. I'm trying to develop a casual, more familiar writing style that's more personal, yet still expressive. Also trying to make it count - not just produce copy or content to be swallowed up like diet soda.

Here's part two of the series:

Article: Home Recording Pt. 2

Not sure If I should start a new thread for this - don't want to spam the site. If the Mods could give me some direction on this it would be appreciated.

Back