Anyone still using Delta 1010?

JonHunt

Hi everyone. I bought a pair of Delta 1010s recently. Ideally I’d use both together to stream 20 channels from protools into my analog console to mix by hand. I’m looking for computer recommendations. Most windows towers these days have only one PCI slot if any at all. So for successful delta 1010 users in 2022, what computer are you using? And what computers still have PCI slots?

Hey ,
if you want go with Apple Mac , any G4 from pci or agp 400 mhz to the MDD dual 1,25 Ghz model with Mac OS 9,2,2 ,

the MDD dual 1,25 Ghz is the last G4 with Mac OS 9,2,2 "Native" compatibility (only the model with firewire 400 ports, the "MKII" with fw 800 do not have OS9 Native)

Check last version of the Delta1010 driver available for Mac OS 9,2,2
here : https://m-audio.com/support/drivers

Also driver for some version of Mac OSX are available ,
a bit "heavy" OS for Apple Mac G4 , but more stable than Mac OS 9,2,2 ,

if you want the max cpu power available from Apple Mac with PCI slots also some Apple G5 can be the solution ,
you can check the models with PCI slots here :

depend from what DAW software and version you want to use ,

if the PC Windows OS based is the intention , the drivers for the Delta also are available on the M-audio web site
(same link indicated above) check about ,

for the PC hardware computer info you have to do a research about mainboard , CPU , etc... , of early - mid 2K years age .

Last edited:
Back