ANy tips on vocal recording with Acid Pro

Roc

I know many people might not use acid anymore let alone use it for vocal recordings. However if there are ne ppl out there that have good sounding music from using acid pro, i was wondering could they provide me with like some steps or nethng such as effects and stuff to bring out vocals and make them as close to radio and cd quality such as possible. THanks

vocals

this is just what i do, and it works for me.

first i try to match the vocalist with the best mic that might suit his/her voice

then i have the vocalist go thru the song while i get the gain setting from pre amp all the way to the DAW. (around -5 is my goal for input volume)

if you can spare the space i like to get a few extra takes, just to have somthing to comp if needed.

after everything is editing and sounding good I then add a little EQ and compression. I get the reverb from an FX send.

i might add a little delay to the chorus parts if it will complement the song.

and i always try and get the vocalist to accent a few words here and there just to add a little more dept to the vocals

like i said it works for me...

-mike-

THanks alot for your input man. Now you said you add EQ and Compression, now do you do that by using acid pro? if so how?

plug in

THanks alot for your input man. Now you said you add EQ and Compression, now do you do that by using acid pro? if so how?

in the FX chain (plug-in)
i currently use Reaper, but i have used Vegas (Sony) among others and the process is pretty much the same. click the green chain link on the left side of the picture.
Sony-ACID-Pro_1.png

sorry for the late response. By the way i use a plug-in for the reverb as well, but i create an fx track and send the vocals to that track.

-mike-

Wow..

I'm still using an old version of Acid.. That one looks pretty awesome! I like to set my gain anywhere under -32 cuz that's where the noise gate 2 is set to. Of course I'm the preset king.. not really big on change.

What presets do yall lose for eq and compression. Or for reverb which preset do you use?

FX/Processors

I'm still using an old version of Acid.. That one looks pretty awesome!
Not that i use it, but they now have Version 7

What presets do yall lose for eq and compression. Or for reverb which preset do you use?

i don't use presets anymore for Eq, but i do sometimes start with a preset on a comp. but always change it according to the dynamics of the individual track. (i like compressors with VU meters)

Reverb: i set up a long and short reverbs into two individual tracks and set them to 100% wet, then i will send the selected track(s) to either of the revebs (FX SEND). That way i never change the original sound, i just add a little reverb to the mix.

-mike-

Back