Another drum tool that was released recently.

Thats cool and all, but I ain't payin' for something my ears can do for free :D

But really that does look like a neat app. Now I just gotta get me one of them i-techno-thingama-Pods. :facepalm:

It might be cool. I guess it depends on how the mic picks up room noise. And it's a 3-handed operation. But still, it's a cheap gamble. Noisy rooms (if you're in some bar/nightclub) are always a pain, and that's why I love my Drum Dial. But $60 compared to $4? Hell, even if it works like crap, what's $4 to take the chance that it does work well? Skip that morning Starbucks and find out!

It actually works pretty well.

I agree about the 3 hand thing being a pain in the rear. My iphone 5 has a case with a clip on it though and I just threw the iphone on a mic stand to give this a try. I still think the tunebot is easier in terms of how it goes on the drum. I also like the tune bots various features such as comparison lug tuning and the ability to filter out goofy frequencies. You still end up with a +/- of like .5 or so hz. I can't hear this difference so it's good enough for me.

What I like the most of these devices though is the ability to get the bottom head where you want it in relation to the top. It's totally doable to have the top and bottom heads identically in tune with each other. I don't care for this sound personally, but it's doable.

They included a gain setting for the idevice microphone.

Back