Analysing the guitars in this soundtrack

frank1985

Does anyone know what's happening with the guitars on this track, specifically from 53 secs onwards? I'm trying to figure out if they're double tracked, or if a reverb/delay of the original left side guitar is simply panned to the right. I know at 1:30 they're definitely DT'd as they sound a lot fuller. I could be wrong but the right hand guitar appears to have a high-pass filter applied to it (perhaps so it doesn't interfere too much with the sax?), punctuating certain parts rather than copy the main riff exactly. Are you guys hearing the same thing? I'm hoping some discerning ears can clarify what's happening exactly.

YouTube

Well, I listened and decided that anything I could contribute would be guesswork, so I didn't respond. It's an interesting genre, but as all the sources are laden with processing and effects, I'm not sure what anything is really actually playing. It's largely a wash of sound - I cannot even tell if it's double tracking in any conventional sense - or is electronic DT, or layers, or delays and more layers, or multiple tracks all playing the same lines - no idea. It's a wash of interesting sound and I doubt anyone could even determine if some guitars might not be synths? Too many sound sources to tease details out of.

There is so much reverb on the drums that its hard to distinguish anything in this mix. After the 1:30 mark, there may be 2 guitars at times, with different tone/sound - one sounds lower (not just EQ).

NOTE: high number of views in a short time just means bots.

fair enough, yeah it's a pretty washed out mix, I tried listening myself on some Focals and still couldn't make out what's going on :D

I did ask elsewhere and it appears that in most parts they're double tracked, but the right hand side is heavily effected with what's assumed to be 100% wet reverb amongst other processing. apparently they're the same volume but I think Mike might be correct in that one is lower than the other.

Back