AKG K371 - Awesome !!

Mickster

Hey everyone......I got some AKG K371 cans not too long ago and have been using them since. I had an Amazon gift card and since I've sort of become a headphone junkie....I looked over some reviews and these jumped out at me. While I was IMMEDIATELY impressed the moment I put them on.....I wanted to be sure I wasn't just trying to make myself feel good about the purchase. Turns out....man....these things are awesome...full stop!! They're tuned to the Harmon Target Curve....if you care about that. I'm not gonna do a 1000 word review here. Just wanted you guys to know and maybe consider them. If you have any questions...just ask me. So you know...these are the headphones I also own and was comparing the K371 to:

Senn HD600
Senn HD 558
Senn HD 598
AKG K240
Sony MDR - V6
Status Audio CB-1
AT ATH-M40X
AT ATH-M50
Beyer DT770 Pro
Philips SHP9500

In my opinion only...the K371's are better than all of the above...even the HD600's. Their imaging....sound stage....comfort...detail...and accuracy are top notch and VERY much useful for mixing and mastering even though they're closed. No added sibilance and no real bass intrusion into the mids....which are splendid. Don't be bias that they're closed back. They go for about $149 on Amazon.

Here's one of the many reviews: AKG K371 Review - YouTube

Apparently the Bluetooth version of the K371 is nowhere near the wired version in sound quality.

Of course....I don't work for anyone involved in selling these.

Mick

Absolutely amazing... If you can get a good seal. Those with thin heads and a prominent space between your jaw and neck right below the ear and those who wear glasses may have trouble getting a good seal and that will result in much lower bass than you would probably want. If you can get a good seal, these things are amazing and as i am voice artist, i also use separate shotgun mic with it. They beat most headphones at any price point when it comes to sound quality, are light and comfortable, and pretty durable. Now if only I didn't wear glasses...

Yes Sahil....very true. Time for contacts !! The clamping force on the K371 is VERY much the same as my HD600's. It's firm but comfortable for long sessions for sure and will probably work on most head shapes. Glasses are always a challenge and I'm not sure how those who wear glasses EVER deal with over ear cans.

Mick

Back