akai dps16 time stretch

snapper

Can someone explain this operation a little better than the manual. For instance give me a real world example where I would or could use this.

I use a Korg d16, but let me jump in. For example, last week I spent hours tracking a guitarist who, two days later, wanted the song to be at a faster tempo but same key. The only way to do this is to use the compress function. On the d16 I just set the appropriate locate points and execute.

That said, let me also say that this function sounds like dookie on the d16. I am interested to hear how well it works on the DPS. That is asking ALOT from the cpu of a desktop unit. I like the d16, but it can't go that far in correcting my lousy engineering.

I'm wondering if maybe this could be used if a beat didnt fall right and you just wanted to move it in the "groove".
Anybody have anything on this??

Hey!

If you're talking about just one isolated beat that hit wrong,What I did was do the math using the waveform screen and took some silence from one place and moved it, or whatever the situation reuired. If you're talking about the whole song, I would suggest A) if it's a loop, edit one correctly and copy it B) if not...sorry, record the track over 'cause it would be a real pain to try an edit it all out IMHO.

D out ITNOJ

akai dps time stretch

Time stretch can be uused in a variety of ways. You probably jear it all the time but don't even realize it. Dance remixes of many songs use this method alot. Time stretch can basically BPM of a song without affecting the pitch of a song. There are different algorithyms for different applications like types of vocals, instruments, etc... This is how they can speed up wongs without making them sound like chipmunks

Back