akai dps16 OS upgrade by CD

drdrew

i remember somebody did this...but i can't remember who.
anyway, my scsi cdr is on the way and now i want to get the 1.5 upgrade. i can't order it from akai directly...at least not that i can find on the site...where did you get yours?

was the installation difficult?

thanks whomever you are!

You can order it from amic. Call 1-800-433-5627 and order it from parts. It should cost you $19.95. The upgrade was easy and took about 4 sec. By the way which scsi cd/rw did you buy?

i went wit the ricoh mp7060s...i got it on ebay for 169.00

i also just ordered a terminator...i hope i got the right one!
i called akai and ordered the upgrade as well...thanks for the help.

Are you mounting the mp7060s in your computer tower? The reason I ask is because I also originally purchased the mp7060s from memory media for $139.00 and found that in order to make it work I would need to either mount it in my computer tower or buy a data silo(for power and scsi connections)which would set me back another 2 bills or so. I then just returned the mp7060s and got the mp7060se which is a stand alone external cd/rw. And with that I still had to fork over $60.00 for a scsi cable.

phew...i think i'll be o.k. i went back and reviewed the auction and it says it is the external unit...so i should be fine...also comes with the scsi cable...so i'm good there...now the terminator i ordered...i dunno yet

Back