ADAT inputs missing from input source

T.K. Scott

ADAT inputs missing from input source choices (in SONAR 5)

Trying to transfer 8 tracks of ADAT tape to SONAR.

Old Blackface ADAT into MOTU Traveler and then to SONAR 5 Producers.

Tapes play from ADAT thru lightpipe into MOTU software with no problems. MOTU software see's all 8 tracks with meters jumping and I hear the audio thru the MOTU headphone jack. Problem is when I'm in SONAR my input choices don't show ADAT inputs (although MOTU see's them and calls them ADAT 1-8)

I tried changing the output in MOTU settings to plain audio out but SONAR doesn't see that either (even when recording is armed)

Not using any sinc cable because I just want the audio (not sync'ing to anything) everything is flowing thru the chain until it gets to SONAR inputs choices and Im stumped.

Please help.

T.K. Scott from Detroit

....you can only post a link if you have posted 10 questions? What kind of crap is that? God wish me luck with such a childish web site.....

It's to deter spammers.

Maybe if you contributed more and complained less since AUGUST OF 2009 you could post a link.

Have some ideas but just not feeling grown up enough to help your sorry ass.

Guess you need to find a more mature site.

Last edited:
....well Fuckyou. Already figured it out with help from the Cakewalk blog. Was going to delete this thread until I saw your smart ass reply. Leaving it up long enough to say "Go fuck yourself" jerk.

....well Fuckyou. Already figured it out with help from the Cakewalk blog. Was going to delete this thread until I saw your smart ass reply. Leaving it up long enough to say "Go fuck yourself" jerk.
Ya know there may come a time when you wish you had.

Back