Acid 6 Help ~ Midi Tracks using the same SoftSynth but not told to

JeremyMayle

Hi everyone, and let me first say this site ROCKS!

I use Acid 6, am reasonably competent at it, I use a M-Audio KeyRig49 midi keyboard, and a Line6 UX1 PodStudio...on a PC.

I've been having this problem when I try to add multiple midi tracks to a project, with corresponding multiple softsynths (like Addictive Drums, Nexus, SampleTank, Philharmonik). I add a track, add the synth and select the right I/O for the track/synth...then I do the same for a second track. The problem I've been running into doesnt happen all the time but now it's happening more...I record something with, say, Philharmonic, then record something on the 2nd track with, say, Sampletank. The midi in both track windows is correct and looks fine but when I play it back the 2nd track is us using the 1st tracks synth. I check the midi I/O on the track and it is correct...1st track in is on Auto, out is to Philharmonic, midi channel 1. 2nd track in is on auto, out is to SampleTank, midi channel 2.

I have tried and tried to just keep changing to output to the right synth but it never makes a difference. sometimes I wont even get a level on the 2nd track when I playback. I just have this weird feeling that it has something to do with the midi setup in Acid but Im not familiar with all the goings-on under the hood. Ive tried turning off/on my keyboard thinking that it (sometimes one midi instrument track wont play but it I save the session, close down Acid and turn off/on my keyboard and open the session back up it will work)

Sorry for being so longwinded, I just wanted to be as clear as possible. THANKS!!

I don't know what could cause that, but I suggest you email Sony support, they're pretty good.
If you choose not to do that, try reinstalling Acid.

Good luck.

Back