The youth of today will be the ruin of modern society

TAE

All you have is now
And they say that like it's a bad thing? :confused:

Check out this punk loser who at 15 years old invented a way to detect pancreatic cancer

WOW

Ruin it, don't know, change it, well yea, that is what they are supposed to do.

There are a lot of smart kids out there, they just don't make headlines.

Good post.

Are we gonna have ourselves a good 'ol "My generation is the best because I'm in it!" war?

I don't think so, because "the greatest generation" is truly the greatest generation, but you don't have to look very hard to see that millennials are exceptionally awkward, socially stupid, and they lack general common sense and common knowledge that most people take for granted. They are skilled at using modern technology, but they can't use a telephone or carry on basic conversations with other human beings, stuff like that..

I don't think so, because "the greatest generation" is truly the greatest generation, but you don't have to look very hard to see that millennials are exceptionally awkward, socially stupid, and they lack general common sense and common knowledge that most people take for granted. They are skilled at using modern technology, but they can't use a telephone or carry on basic conversations with other human beings, stuff like that..

Does this "greatest generation" include only the US as per the official definition by Tom Brokaw? Or do you mean the people growing up around the early to mid 20th century?
Because my generation of the same time period started two worlds wars and killed 6 million jews. The US nuked two cities of Japanese civilians after their government had already decided to surrender and used black people as objects. The Japanese massacared, raped and tortued millions of Chinese, etc.

I think that the term "Greatest Generation" is a whitewash for the horrible, horrible, atrocious sins that that generation committed and suffers from a lot of selective memory.

I like to believe that we are all average generations that are all raised by the previous one.

Does this "greatest generation" include only the US as per the official definition by Tom Brokaw? Or do you mean the people growing up around the early to mid 20th century?
Because my generation of the same time period started two worlds wars and killed 6 million jews. The US nuked two cities of Japanese civilians after their government had already decided to surrender and used black people as objects. The Japanese massacared, raped and tortued millions of Chinese, etc.

I think that the term "Greatest Generation" is a whitewash for the horrible, horrible, atrocious sins that that generation committed and suffers from a lot of selective memory.

I like to believe that we are all average generations that are all raised by the previous one.

Lol. God damn, we got a humanist. :facepalm:

I'm talking about the US only. I don't know what Tom Brokaw said, but in the US "The Greatest Generation" is generally thought of as the parents of baby boomers. It's just cutesy label, nothing to get all fucking flustered about. It's those that were children of the depression and fought in WWII for the USA. They came back from the war, started families, and molded the US into a period of great prosperity.....until their kids took over. And it's been all downhill since then.

I don't care about the nazis, jews, japs, fascists, or whatever went on in europe 100 years ago. Your greatest generation were douchebags. Ours was different. All I know is they were all better than the kids of today. For the record, I fall into the "Generation X" category. Means nothing to me.

There is no denying that being a white, middle class or above, American after WW2 was a great time. But the term cherry picks both its own goods and the bads of other generations in its own favor. It's propaganda.
Don't get me wrong, I still loved living in the US but I think that their half century of bloom was built on the ruin of others and now they're finally feeling the ripples.

There is no denying that being a white, middle class or above, American after WW2 was a great time. But the term cherry picks both its own goods and the bads of other generations in its own favor. It's propaganda.
Don't get me wrong, I still loved living in the US but I think that their half century of bloom was built on the ruin of others and now they're finally feeling the ripples.

Well I don't believe in white guilt. I have nothing to feel guilty about. I don't pretend to care about atrocities that happened which I have nothing to do with, my ancestors have nothing to do with, and I can't do anything about anyway. I'm not some flag waving american, but the facts are facts. However it was done, "the greatest generation" was our greatest generation. They accomplished a lot with very little. They brought us into the modern era. As a guy that doesn't give much a fuck about anything, I can appreciate my grandparents generation.

Back