Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The youth of today will be the ruin of modern society

  1. #1
    TAE's Avatar
    TAE
    TAE is offline All you have is now
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Covina in So Cali
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474853

    The youth of today will be the ruin of modern society

    Sign in to disable this ad
    And they say that like it's a bad thing?

    Check out this punk loser who at 15 years old invented a way to detect pancreatic cancer

    WOW

    The more I know, the more I realize how little I know.


    ..................Tomco Audio Electric

  2. #2
    DM60's Avatar
    DM60 is online now 12th and Bridge
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,716
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 52 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    9222273
    Ruin it, don't know, change it, well yea, that is what they are supposed to do.

    There are a lot of smart kids out there, they just don't make headlines.

    Good post.
    David Win7 & 8, Ableton Live 9, Reaper, M-Audio 192, Tascam 1800, KRK G2-8
    SoundCloud: DM60

  3. #3
    Greg_L's Avatar
    Greg_L is offline Gregois le Bloodshit!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the eye of satan's butthole
    Posts
    27,762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 65 Times in 60 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474872
    One good kid doesn't change the billions that are stupider than ever.
    New Gregor The Terror album! Download - El Bastardo Azul Or Buy the CD!
    New and old stuff - Soundcloud & Reverbnation

  4. #4
    Schwarzenyaeger's Avatar
    Schwarzenyaeger is online now Force of Nature
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    1603651
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    One good kid doesn't change the billions that are stupider than ever.
    Are we gonna have ourselves a good 'ol "My generation is the best because I'm in it!" war?
    Plug-ins ain't nothin' but tricks and hoes.
    My stuff: https://soundcloud.com/schwarzenyaeger

  5. #5
    Greg_L's Avatar
    Greg_L is offline Gregois le Bloodshit!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the eye of satan's butthole
    Posts
    27,762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 65 Times in 60 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenyaeger View Post
    Are we gonna have ourselves a good 'ol "My generation is the best because I'm in it!" war?
    I don't think so, because "the greatest generation" is truly the greatest generation, but you don't have to look very hard to see that millennials are exceptionally awkward, socially stupid, and they lack general common sense and common knowledge that most people take for granted. They are skilled at using modern technology, but they can't use a telephone or carry on basic conversations with other human beings, stuff like that..
    New Gregor The Terror album! Download - El Bastardo Azul Or Buy the CD!
    New and old stuff - Soundcloud & Reverbnation

  6. #6
    Chili's Avatar
    Chili is offline Site Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    10,598
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 41 Times in 38 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    The youth of today will be the ruin of modern society
    Isn't that a Socrates quote??? We've been ruined for centuries....

  7. #7
    Schwarzenyaeger's Avatar
    Schwarzenyaeger is online now Force of Nature
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    1603651
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    I don't think so, because "the greatest generation" is truly the greatest generation, but you don't have to look very hard to see that millennials are exceptionally awkward, socially stupid, and they lack general common sense and common knowledge that most people take for granted. They are skilled at using modern technology, but they can't use a telephone or carry on basic conversations with other human beings, stuff like that..
    Does this "greatest generation" include only the US as per the official definition by Tom Brokaw? Or do you mean the people growing up around the early to mid 20th century?
    Because my generation of the same time period started two worlds wars and killed 6 million jews. The US nuked two cities of Japanese civilians after their government had already decided to surrender and used black people as objects. The Japanese massacared, raped and tortued millions of Chinese, etc.

    I think that the term "Greatest Generation" is a whitewash for the horrible, horrible, atrocious sins that that generation committed and suffers from a lot of selective memory.

    I like to believe that we are all average generations that are all raised by the previous one.
    Plug-ins ain't nothin' but tricks and hoes.
    My stuff: https://soundcloud.com/schwarzenyaeger

  8. #8
    Greg_L's Avatar
    Greg_L is offline Gregois le Bloodshit!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the eye of satan's butthole
    Posts
    27,762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 65 Times in 60 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenyaeger View Post
    Does this "greatest generation" include only the US as per the official definition by Tom Brokaw? Or do you mean the people growing up around the early to mid 20th century?
    Because my generation of the same time period started two worlds wars and killed 6 million jews. The US nuked two cities of Japanese civilians after their government had already decided to surrender and used black people as objects. The Japanese massacared, raped and tortued millions of Chinese, etc.

    I think that the term "Greatest Generation" is a whitewash for the horrible, horrible, atrocious sins that that generation committed and suffers from a lot of selective memory.

    I like to believe that we are all average generations that are all raised by the previous one.
    Lol. God damn, we got a humanist.

    I'm talking about the US only. I don't know what Tom Brokaw said, but in the US "The Greatest Generation" is generally thought of as the parents of baby boomers. It's just cutesy label, nothing to get all fucking flustered about. It's those that were children of the depression and fought in WWII for the USA. They came back from the war, started families, and molded the US into a period of great prosperity.....until their kids took over. And it's been all downhill since then.

    I don't care about the nazis, jews, japs, fascists, or whatever went on in europe 100 years ago. Your greatest generation were douchebags. Ours was different. All I know is they were all better than the kids of today. For the record, I fall into the "Generation X" category. Means nothing to me.
    New Gregor The Terror album! Download - El Bastardo Azul Or Buy the CD!
    New and old stuff - Soundcloud & Reverbnation

  9. #9
    DM60's Avatar
    DM60 is online now 12th and Bridge
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,716
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 52 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    9222273
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    They came back from the war, started families, and molded the US into a period of great prosperity.....until their kids took over. And it's been all downhill since then.
    Man, this is so true.
    David Win7 & 8, Ableton Live 9, Reaper, M-Audio 192, Tascam 1800, KRK G2-8
    SoundCloud: DM60

  10. #10
    RAMI's Avatar
    RAMI is offline Seen Your member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    15,669
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474862
    It's the Beatles fault.

    Fucking Tavistock Institute.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 09:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!