you are not the centre of the universe

Your non cave input is going to be awesome jeff...
I'm wondering if this is the sort of post that will get yanked and the poster a warning in the new cave-free HR? It doesn't bother me any but it is mean-spirited at best. Antisocial even.

Whatever. I'm curious as to how this whole thing goes down. I'm thinking there will be a few bannings involved. Hopefully warnings will be issued first but with this lot you never know and of course if the warnings aren't public who is to know what the new paradigm will be. They'll be winging it...

I'm wondering if this is the sort of post that will get yanked and the poster a warning in the new cave-free HR? It doesn't bother me any but it is mean-spirited at best. Antisocial even.

Whatever. I'm curious as to how this whole thing goes down. I'm thinking there will be a few bannings involved. Hopefully warnings will be issued first but with this lot you never know and of course if the warnings aren't public who is to know what the new paradigm will be. They'll be winging it...
Yup! This is going to be funny.
Participating in all this ugliness has lost much of its luster...but observing it still has its allure.:D

I can totally see the logical reason for them closing the cave, but they're really going to face a pain in the ass, at least for a while.

I think you are allowed to have disagreements, I think youre allowed to poke fun, I think im prolly allowed to say you have a faint whiff of urine about your sky blue pants...oh how mean spirited and antisocial

I think the main problem is racism, bigotry, religion, and politics...

(Of course I could be wrong and a banning awaits)

I can totally see the logical reason for them closing the cave, but they're really going to face a pain in the ass, at least for a while.

why would it be?

the guys who only really posted in the cave seldom posted elsewhere in here...cant see that changing. And the ones that posted outside it where just as courteous as any other member. Theres barely anyone posting in there anyway, cant see there being a huge overspill into OT forums. Hopefully folks like ibanks will keep posting in prime time, and lambo's cut n pastes will find a new home elsewhere.

Glad this threads been made about the cave..all I said is I genuinely think jeffs posts are going to be awesome, he has me on ignore so Im glad someone quoted my well wishes :)

As an expression of hope and faith in a new beginning, I have removed keith and muttles from my ignore list. This doesn't mean I am ready to fully interact with them if they continue to be bullies but it will at least allow me to report them more swiftly when they revert to their baser instincts. :)

As keith said, I too could be wrong, (about them) and will be pleasantly surprised if that turns out to be the new reality.

Cheers! :)

As an expression of hope and faith in a new beginning, I have removed keith and muttles from my ignore list. This doesn't mean I am ready to fully interact with them if they continue to be bullies but it will at least allow me to report them more swiftly when they revert to their baser instincts. :)

As keith said, I too could be wrong, (about them) and will be pleasantly surprised if that turns out to be the new reality.

But freedom of speech was never designed to be a walk in the park. It's hard work to maintain it and cowardly to toss it away because its inconvenient to deal with such issues. That's sad.

strange that the stalwart of free speech first post after removing members from his ignore list is a threat of post reporting...forgive me if I label you a hypocrite jeff. I wont troll you in here because I have a modicum of respect for the house rules. But when yourself, and others, start labeling normal banter as "cave" posts then my only conclusion is you are covertly looking for a way to silence someone or have them banned.

I remember my first ban from the cave and I posted some trivial prime time posts as was promptly banned from there as well for trying to set up another cave (thanks to that mod, cant remember her name). All very childish. Youre not allowed to post bigotry is the OT forums, so you'll have no problem with me jeff, thats the main problem I had with you and others in the cave...

So, just for grins, anyone want to give a shot at why we do seem to be 'at the center (+/- 3dB) of the universe'?

So, just for grins, anyone want to give a shot at why we do seem to be 'at the center (+/- 3dB) of the universe'?
we're not according to anything I've ever read about it.
There seems to be NO center of the universe as everything is moving away from everything else equally.,

strange that the stalwart of free speech first post after removing members from his ignore list is a threat of post reporting...forgive me if I label you a hypocrite jeff. I wont troll you in here because I have a modicum of respect for the house rules. But when yourself, and others, start labeling normal banter as "cave" posts then my only conclusion is you are covertly looking for a way to silence someone or have them banned.

I remember my first ban from the cave and I posted some trivial prime time posts as was promptly banned from there as well for trying to set up another cave (thanks to that mod, cant remember her name). All very childish. Youre not allowed to post bigotry is the OT forums, so you'll have no problem with me jeff, thats the main problem I had with you and others in the cave...
If you think I am threatening you, then you should report me.

I don't think I am.

Have a wonderful day, Keith. :)

Ive no reason to report anyone. I'm not sure I ever have. My day has been above average so far. I don't find you a threat, why would I?

My opinion of you remains the same regardless of forum shutdowns, threats of reporting, subsequent bans. But prime time is not the platform to constantly call you an idiot, or vagrant, etc, so I'll refrain from that.

Back