You know what HR should do?

Seeker of Rock

The One and Only
HR should have 'Best of the Cave' days if the files haven't been completed deleted (and it would be a shame if they were). Every two weeks or so select 5, maybe 10 total classic threads and post them for viewing, maybe posting for a weekend or something. There were some really funny antics going on in the past and it may be entertaining to read it again.

Pretty sure they are completely gone now. I'm sure they're still on some sever somewhere but the URL for the Cave doesn't even work anymore, when it used to pop up a password box initially when the Cave was closed.

Some of that banter was golden funny. It would be fun to see it occasionally and temporarily re-posted after locating it.

So that prompts the definition of Classic and who determines which threads were and which threads weren't.

For real, I don't know if the database has been purged of the cave, but such an undertaking is, well, quite an undertaking.

The Cave is gone. you gotta acclimate to that idea. Gone... poof... no more reveling in the glory days.

The Cave is gone. you gotta acclimate to that idea. Gone... poof... no more reveling in the glory days.

You're getting there.
I think you may only need to say that another dozen more times or so before people finally let it go. :D ;)

Up to now...some still thought it was just a bad joke. :p

If we are going to do that, we should bring back The New Rep Point Thread as well. Why bother moving forward, when you can still browse the most useless threads of the past.

Yo Seeker...

It is what it is and the powers that be weren't here when it was "The Cave" that we knew and loved being a part of. Kind of like the Friends bar burnt down and they put in a parking lot.

It would be cool if the files existed and they'd let us take them / buy them to post elsewhere in another place in Cyber space like A&A or elsewhere. maybe that's a possibility... Like you said for us that were part of it when it was cooking it was golden..

Had you posted this a few weeks ago the Cave haters would have handed it to you sideways but I think they all got booted from PT or just decided to stay out...it's been a lot cooler here lately..albeit a bit melba toast boring but cooler.

There were some cool threads but it'll probably never happen. If they did restore one they should close it before reviving it.

I've reached out to Calimoose to see if the files even still exist. If they do indeed exist and if HR.com is willing to release them, I have offered to set up a V-bulletin BBS with it's own domain name elsewhere where existing and past members of Hr.com could go for their Cave fix...if it's doable I'll pony up for it.

I've reached out to Calimoose to see if the files even still exist. If they do indeed exist and if HR.com is willing to release them, I have offered to set up a V-bulletin BBS with it's own domain name elsewhere where existing and past members of Hr.com could go for their Cave fix...if it's doable I'll pony up for it.
Interesting concept. Do you have the first HR compilation cd? Lots of extra content on there. The Ken D Webber stuff, the rake, VSPlanet invasion. Old threads preserved with whoever has the discs. I've got em if you don't. Don't know what you could do with em but if you want em send me a pm.

I've checked, out of curiousity, on things like the Wayback Machine, but can't get anything. Prime Time and all the other fora, yes, Cave, no. The Cave never appeared in internet searches so unless HR have it backed up some place, and want to give it to you, I'd say you're dead in the water.

Interesting concept. Do you have the first HR compilation cd? Lots of extra content on there. The Ken D Webber stuff, the rake, VSPlanet invasion. Old threads preserved with whoever has the discs. I've got em if you don't. Don't know what you could do with em but if you want em send me a pm.
Ahh! Those were golden. The rake! First ya kill em, then ya stab em, then beat em with a rake. . . And the VSPlanet stuff was almost like unrehearsed Monty Python. Some of it was brilliant and twisted all at the same time. Damn Lou - You have me grinning like a fool now.

We already have one of those. lol.

Yo Joe...the only thing missing at A&A is all the threads going back to the Cave's inception in 1999...a ton of classic stuff ....you included...Hilarious banter and conversations that have been removed and shoved off into cyber oblivion by people who had no real connection to it.

If the files still exist and the powers that be would be willing to let us have those files as I said I'd pony up for a place to host them ...

only problem with A&A is it doesn't allow new members and that would make it so a lot of the old members couldn't participate. But if A&A is open to hosting that would be cool....

That's IF the Cave files even still exist and IF the owners would let us have them to host elsewhere... It would certainly be a cool thing for them to do if it is possible. Have not heard from Calimoose as of yet..

You are my new hero, Tom. I don't mind ponying on a regular basis for something like that.

Back