You guys remember this banned forum member?

Tadpui

Paschalis I, the dude who showed up to try to pimp his own website and YouTube channel, and was responsible for some delightful dumpster fires of threads like this:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ssentials-guide-379860/?highlight=paschalis+i

Now he's in the habit of spamming peoples' YouTube comments sections with links to his videos. No comments or contribution, just blatant self-promoting spam. Just this morning I got a notification that I had a comment on one of my videos, and I immediately recognized the name from the forums here. Fortunately, YouTube recognizes such comments as spam and doesn't actually display them without authorization from me. So I followed his link just to see, and just as I predicted, his comment sections are all full of people who are confused that they were notified of his comments but couldn't see them. Shit heels like this just irritate me to no end. Who knows, his channel might be chock full of helpful information for us home recording types. But I'll never know, I wouldn't waste a second feeding that beast...

Tempted to point Rami to his channel and see what happens :D

Ah. So I guess you've never been in the Service...or maybe the practice has been outlawed
A very effective last resort disciplinary action.:D

Yes, that guy was a massive spam tool in here, and it appears he still is one out on the interwebs. What a loser.

Same happened with that bell-end Raz Klinghoffer. His name is spammed all over David Pensado and Chris Lord-Alge's channels. What an arse.

Same happened with that bell-end Raz Klinghoffer. His name is spammed all over David Pensado and Chris Lord-Alge's channels. What an arse.

Lol. Damn I forgot about that goofball. I like how his "studio" business address is an apartment.

Hah! At least the 'Actors' in LA had the sense to get a Beverly Hills address to 'look' sucessful rather than desperate.

You'd just rent a mailbox on Sunset blvd, and the address would be a 'Suite B' Beverly Hills Ca. instead of po box 156.
:D

Slightly off topic, but speaking of tools from days past around here, I've been seriously considering going to see our boy Victory Pete over at his shop (about 20 mins from my house). He posts on Craigslist occasionally about his repair shop. I think I'll go in and ask which talcum powder is the best for .011's on a Strat :laughings:

Now that would be piss funny!

What's the next video then, Tad? Are you doing requests?

I'll take any request you've got. If I know enough about the subject to be helpful, I'll see if I can put something together. And then I'll relentlessly spam it on every internet avenue I can find :laughings:

Oh yeah, I remember that dude too. I mean, all the best if those guys can offer helpful stuff and gather a following, but jeez, it's just slimy to whore it up and post links or "check out my video" posts everywhere. Commenting and participating in other people's channels is great, and I hope that I've never come off as a "look at me! visit my page!" kind of commenter. I just tag the hell out of my content and hope that the search and related content features of YouTube will land people on my channel if that's what they're specifically looking for.

Hah! At least the 'Actors' in LA had the sense to get a Beverly Hills address to 'look' sucessful rather than desperate.

You'd just rent a mailbox on Sunset blvd, and the address would be a 'Suite B' Beverly Hills Ca. instead of po box 156.
:D

I hadn't thought of that. I'd bet that there's a cottage industry around there of offering mailing addresses to delusional hopefuls. Are these PO boxes large enough to hold my screenplay, er, I mean my friend's screenplay? It's a guaranteed blockbuster in the making, about a billionaire that dresses like a bat and fights crime at night. He calls it "Man Bat". It's gonna be huge.

Slightly off topic, but speaking of tools from days past around here, I've been seriously considering going to see our boy Victory Pete over at his shop (about 20 mins from my house). He posts on Craigslist occasionally about his repair shop. I think I'll go in and ask which talcum powder is the best for .011's on a Strat :laughings:

Hahaha, oh man what an akward visit that could be. Like Curb-Your-Enthusiasm levels of discomfort. If only Muttley were around to witness it :D

What about the total assclown that made "tunable guitar cabs" out of drum shells? :facepalm:

Oh man, I'd forgotten about that guy! It wasn't a good idea, but it was unique. But he got so butthurt about the whole thing, it turned into a glorious flame war for the ages. Is it wrong that I enjoy those threads so much? I re-read that "Essential Guide" thread from start-to-finish yesterday. Better than the last couple of novels that I've read :D

Oh man, I'd forgotten about that guy! It wasn't a good idea, but it was unique. But he got so butthurt about the whole thing, it turned into a glorious flame war for the ages. Is it wrong that I enjoy those threads so much? I re-read that "Essential Guide" thread from start-to-finish yesterday. Better than the last couple of novels that I've read :D

And that guy that wanted to put tiny mics in the tips of his drumsticks? Lol, holy hell. In hindsight I have to give him credit - at least he was trying to record real drums.

Oh my god...and the myhatbroke "guitar solo"....:facepalm:

I thought about mounting condenser mics in knee pads for drum "overheads". They would be below all the cymbal wash. It could be revolutionary!
Buy a set of knee pad condensers for your drums and get a shin mounted bass drum mic free!

Talc mined from the western slopes of the ranges in Peru is universally acknowledged as the premium talc for 0.011s on a Strat. If it was a Les Paul, the talc from closer to ground level works better, or just whatever your wife puts on her bits....

Victim Pete's sole reason for touting the virtues of talcum powder all over your hands and guitar neck is because he saw Jeff Beck do it. He had no science, no practical reasons, nothing to back it up besides Jeff Beck. I suppose Jeff Beck could have pissed on his hands just the same and Victim Pete would be telling us to do that too.

Back