WTF ??? Lava lamp

[MENTION=94267]miroslav[/MENTION]

Hah my laptop took the long plunge into the ravine. The dreaded bluescreen.

I've been having all kinds of gadget issues ad of late.

Oh well, ten years of use out of a laptop is pretty damn good these days.
:D

:eek: Bluescreen doesn't necessarily mean bin.

It might explain a few things though!
Ha, I bet you've a damaged memory module and that's why ProTools keeps shitting itself ?!

Would be worth checking.

Failing that, yeah; 10 years ain't bad at all. That's what, 2-3 marriages? ;)

[MENTION=43272]Steenamaroo[/MENTION],
This is my laptop. Work computer. Only thing music related on there is iTunes.
Got a tech buddy at Google, he says the hard drive is getting ready to take a dump.
Yeah 10 years is a long time. That's 3 or 4 marriages in Hollywood circles.

@Steenamaroo,
This is my laptop. Work computer. Only thing music related on there is iTunes.
Got a tech buddy at Google, he says the hard drive is getting ready to take a dump.
Yeah 10 years is a long time. That's 3 or 4 marriages in Hollywood circles.

Ah, ok.
Hope you've got anything important backed up!

Yup. Everything backed up on a 1 terabyte ssd drive.
I'm set gor the digital apocalypse.

im jumping onto this thread cuz I cant believe a lava lamp titled thread has been going for 4 weeks so I had to be part of it:eatpopcorn:

Don't half of us with studios have one or more? I'm actually suprised there hasn't been even more action.

ok yeah I have three. I mean its standard equipment right? Plus twinkle lights, odd ball toys, R2D2 you know... the basics.

K here is the base studio essentials kit: 2 lava lamps your choice, 1 rope clear twinkle lights, 200 lamp, 1 rope 300 lamp twinkle lights your choice of color, 1 Chinese copy of obscure tie in toy from a famous 70s or 80s movie or tv show, your choice of either two hot wheels(vintage reissues) or one 1/6 scale Harley Davidson replica(3 to choose from), one roll gaffa tape, one roll scribble strip tape, 400 3x3" post its, one genuine artificial recreation of a signed photograph of steve McQueen on the set of Bullitt, one of your choice;empty housings of authentic chinese recreations of a worn H3000 or PCM90 effects box "yeah, it's down right now ,but its cool cuz I've got the Bob'sCo software emulation and it sounds exactly the same!" Price TBD Anyone think of something else? Oh and two random unknown, fake vintage soda pop bottles

K here is the base studio essentials kit: 2 lava lamps your choice, 1 rope clear twinkle lights, 200 lamp, 1 rope 300 lamp twinkle lights your choice of color, 1 Chinese copy of obscure tie in toy from a famous 70s or 80s movie or tv show, your choice of either two hot wheels(vintage reissues) or one 1/6 scale Harley Davidson replica(3 to choose from), one roll gaffa tape, one roll scribble strip tape, 400 3x3" post its, one genuine artificial recreation of a signed photograph of steve McQueen on the set of Bullitt, one of your choice;empty housings of authentic chinese recreations of a worn H3000 or PCM90 effects box "yeah, it's down right now ,but its cool cuz I've got the Bob'sCo software emulation and it sounds exactly the same!" Price TBD Anyone think of something else? Oh and two random unknown, fake vintage soda pop bottles

Then you also must have a completely unrelated odd picture on the wall. For some it is the dogs playing poker. I went with the Little Rascals... lol

Then you also must have a completely unrelated odd picture on the wall. For some it is the dogs playing poker. I went with the Little Rascals... lol

Well, I tried uploading the pic but the site is whacked. What the hell?

I BLAME AMAZON. Just cause I feel like it. Thought of some "upgrades for a small additional fee": Empty Ampex 2" tape boxes, random 8 tracks and or cassettes, anti gremlin device(Pikachu)

I have an original 3d white rabbit from the Jefferson Airplane days poster. Swiped it from my older sister in 1975. Its pink and purple and blue and white and hurts your eyes if you look at it too long with or without "3D" glasses. Real psychedelia available in deluxe packages only!

Go full on retro and throw in a slinky, some troll dolls, and a pet rock or two.

Edit: some tang too in case you get thirsty, cause that's the stuff the astronauts drank. :D

Go full on retro and throw in a slinky, some troll dolls, and a pet rock or two.

Edit: some tang too in case you get thirsty, cause that's the stuff the astronauts drank. :D

I have a 'Slinky' And a few Muppets. And a fire extinguisher... Oh, and an evil Elmo.

Got Tang. Cuz, well you have to right? No elmo but I do have (Totally obscure )"Eek, the Cat". Troll dolls kinda creep me out. My pet rock ran away long ago. I have a fire extinguisher too but I don't have it in the studio cuz I don't want to jinx myself. Oh I just remembered , a dancing Groot showed up last week. I don't know where it came from. Not sure I want to know either. Suddenly, there he was . Staring at me from a bookshelf. Weird

Back