Wow. Did anyone Southern Cal see this launch?

It absolutely looked that cool....It was amusing too... being as a lot of my Facebook friends live here in so cal several started posting WTF is this? photos and videos. Consequently was able to get vantage point photos and videos from all over so cal minutes after the launch. I've see many launches from Vandenberg air base over the years but the second stage of this one for whatever reason took on a whole different look than anything we've ever seen launch... it was definitely pretty awesome.

I've see many launches from Vandenberg air base over the years but the second stage of this one for whatever reason took on a whole different look than anything we've ever seen launch... it was definitely pretty awesome.

I saw my share growing up there. One of the things you wouldn't think to expect is the variation. I've seen rocket trails that looked like they were tied in knots, but the trail itself was still continuous.

Fantastic!
All we ever had down here in Sac was the sound of Aerojet testing rocket engines.

Well, that and a B-52 crash. :o

Back