windows 7 64bit and Sony notebook

kcearl

I see deaf people
I just installed windows 7 64bit into my sony notebook yesterday..Its a year old but came with Vista and Ive never liked it..

Turns out it knocked out the built in camera and mic and Sony wont support it...because they only support the OS that are shipped with each specific notebook

Seems the internet is littered with folks having the same problem with Sonys and Motion Eye cameras...doh! lol

these are like $3k notebooks, not best buy specials...anyone heard of this or have suggestions to fix it?? :mad:

/rant

There's bound to be a driver hack somewhere.

spent all of last night on it....some folks have managed to get some of the Vaios working but nothing on my model anywhere...I installed it on a dell I had this morning..useless on it too lol...I liked the look and feel of 7 too

I may just have to get a hold off vista business and reinstall it :(

yeah been through them last night :(

been through literally everything I could find that had "Vaio, camera, ricoh, driver"...last night, none worked

I emailed Sony Asia last night they told me to email Sony US, who have just told me to email Sony Asia...

who eventually will tell me that they dont support Win 7 64bit on this notebook...

Its not the end all and be all but I dont want Win 7 to make it less featured :rolleyes:

Don't try this if you aren't so sure but have you tried reformatting your hard drive and installing Windows 7 from scratch?

Don't try this if you aren't so sure but have you tried reformatting your hard drive and installing Windows 7 from scratch?

yeah it was a fresh install.....and Sony Asia dont seem interested in answering emails..

Im considering just putting vista back on it...which leaves me with win7 and nothing to put it on..doh :)

since your not happy with the install now's a perfect time to try linux.......lol:D

ive got linux on an asus...man I dont get that OS at all lol

If I can just get Sony Asia to answer an email so I can tell them they're shite Id be happy :D

have u tried linux mint? buddy of mine redoes computers for people and puts that on alot of computers for people.........great on most drivers.......good os for surfing the web.........plus i love hydrogen drum maching but not much else audio on linux.

i got Hydirgen working on a PC...cool little freebie

naw I prolly go back to vista..it wasnt that bad..I cant even run an external camera on the viao as even the line in has gone...its not Win7s fault its Sony..I mean who only supports the original OS on a three grand notebook??

you'd get better support with a $300 dell

yeah, that stinks! I have Vista too cause i have a few programs i can't run in linux or mac right now..........oh well! Sony loves to close end their stuff even worse than apple! lol my friend has put linux on several sonys for people as soon as they were out of warranty! for the same reasons :laughings:

Back