Windows 10

Judging by your post, I'm pretty sure you don't have a good idea of what you're talking about...do you know how many lines of code are in Linux? Nearly 20 MILLION in the latest kernel release. You probably couldn't even understand what the code was doing unless you have a graduate degree in computer science lol. And yes Android is based off of the Linux kernel, but Google has 0 to do with Linux otherwise.

Actually I do have a graduate degree in computer science, and while true I would have a difficult time creating an OS (which is not done by one person) having taken classes on OS design and build, I understand their complexities.

But I see your reading comprehension seems to be lacking as that was the point of the post. Unless you review and compile your own code, you never would know what was buried inside of it. This includes the Linux distributions and even source code that can be compiled.

Google does contribute to the open source project. They have for years.

Actually I do have a graduate degree in computer science, and while true I would have a difficult time creating an OS (which is not done by one person) having taken classes on OS design and build, I understand their complexities.

But I see your reading comprehension seems to be lacking as that was the point of the post. Unless you review and compile your own code, you never would know what was buried inside of it. This includes the Linux distributions and even source code that can be compiled.

Google does contribute to the open source project. They have for years.

Sorry, but the way you phrased that fist statement basically made it sound like you were saying "Fuck Linux, it's unsafe as hell never use it" and I didn't catch the sarcasm. That's cool, I'm actually finishing up my masters in CS next year too. Where'd you go to school? And it's interesting to see Google is a top ten contributor...had no idea. I'm pretty sure they aren't putting malicious code in there though. I'd still rather have an open-source OS than the freaking black box that is Windows.

Sorry, but the way you phrased that fist statement basically made it sound like you were saying "Fuck Linux, it's unsafe as hell never use it" and I didn't catch the sarcasm. That's cool, I'm actually finishing up my masters in CS next year too. Where'd you go to school? And it's interesting to see Google is a top ten contributor...had no idea. I'm pretty sure they aren't putting malicious code in there though. I'd still rather have an open-source OS than the freaking black box that is Windows.
That was way too civil a response. I miss the Cave. :)

I will be honest, I was surprised at the response. But I do appreciate the comment.

I am a big fan of Linux, I have experimented with it for about 10+ years. But it is very hard to make it a daily commuter. It has been just experiments, mainly around using it as a server for web applications.

Back. Come Back. Back, I say... Back from the dead. Resurrecting a not so old thread. (That's how you're suppose to do it for those who don't know.)

I just (up?)graded my main computer to Win10. I lost everything and I was so pissed. And it had all that Cortana garbage and Bing this and Bing that and it lost all my emails and emails accounts (I have a lot!!) So frikkin pissed off. Nothing was like Win7 and I had to start all over. Well, thank that none-existent god that I imaged my hard drive before upgrading. I have good known point to return to.

Yet for some reason, I wanted to do something quick with iTunes, but before I could, it wanted to update. What the hell, I was going to delete the whole Win10 thing anyways.... But I had to reboot. Then lo and behold, there were all my programs, emails, preferences, everything.

So now, I'm holding off on switching back. I'll give this a go for a while.

Haven't tried Cubase or UAD or anything. We'll see what happens when I do.

Back