Why does my TV buzz.....?

only old school cheap ass CRT sets do crap like that.
Apparently not. ;)

It's a Sony Bravia LCD. I think it's a 32". It only started doing it last week, when I moved it off the stand and mounted it on the wall with a swivel wall mount. I'm thinking that all I got to do is plug it into a different socket or power bar. I'm lazy tonight.

Last edited:
I tried to find the scene from "Born In East LA" where he almost gets raped in a Mexican jail.

"I really like your pants. Why don't you take off your pants?"

"Yeah, man. Take off the pants."

No dice.

Apparently not. ;)

It's a Sony Bravia LCD. I think it's a 32". It only started doing it last week, when I moved it off the stand and mounted it on the wall with a swivel wall mount. I'm thinking that all I got to do is plug it into a different socket or power bar. I'm lazy tonight.
Yeah, a filtered power bar never hurts.

Maybe the set is picking up interference from the CSIS microphones implanted in your wall?! :D

Cheers! :)

Just an idea but what resolution are you viewing. I had a projector that had some issues when it had to auto downscale from 1080 to 720 when graphics were thrown up on the image.... Maybe, maybe not....

Now that you mention it, I can hear it too, when there is a graphic. It isn't necessarily going from "no sound" to "sound", but when I see some graphics I am hearing a different frequency sound than that the TV typically makes. I think it is cooked nto some of the commercials - I don't hear it seeing graphics in broadcast tv like Discovery or History or anything, although I see it on the news here and there..

Refresh rate issue maybe? Should be easy to adjust the brightness or balance to test bouldersoundguy's theory.....

Now it's gonna bug me forever. Thanks Rami! :mad:

Back