Why do we ( some of us anyway ) pay to see a fight that will be aired for free a week

TAE

All you have is now
later?.....Just reading all the drama bs about the fight this weekend... $100 a pop for the Pay per view.
I'm not going to order it but I'll watch it if I can somewhere..

Watching a fight with friends...eating, drinking, partying ..betting against each other....all good times..

But other than the betting and knowing the outcome, is it really that big of deal to wait a week and watch it for free?...damn thing is going to generate a shit load of money for a lot of people...at the same time we have people buried alive in Nepal and starving people all over the world... we're a weird little species.

Everyone that I know who wants to watch it is just gonna go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and pay $10 to get in. Not a bad deal that way.

The gaffer at the Snooker Hall asked me the other day if I wanted tickets to see "the fight", (he was all excited, you know the type) in the middle of the night, in their bar. £10 plus a free pint! I told him, ever so politely, to "fuck off". Middle of the night? Boxing? Do I look like a knobhead? I've got a wife and a life.....never my the fact that I'd rather eat a plate of my own shite than watch Boxing. Now, had he been selling tickets to watch a freshly painted wall dry, I'd of been all over it.

Until that moment, I didn't even know there was a fight happening and I really couldn't care about it. Apparently it's sold out now so I'm shit out of luck if I change my mind. :laughings:

$100 to watch it is a joke but while people are willing to pay that kind of cash, the same ol' shit will keep on happening.

:thumbs up:

Everyone that I know who wants to watch it is just gonna go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and pay $10 to get in. Not a bad deal that way.

$20 at the local Wild Wings here...can't believe how busy that place stays...every freeking day

Another "don't give a shit" vote here.

If I want chicken wings, I cook my own and make the blue cheese dip too.

I stopped trying to figure you fuckers out decades ago. I don't know why you even pay for cable.

The gaffer at the Snooker Hall asked me the other day if I wanted tickets to see "the fight", (he was all excited, you know the type) in the middle of the night, in their bar. £10 plus a free pint! I told him, ever so politely, to "fuck off".

That arrogant bastard. Next time you should smash a pint glass and cut his face up.

I stopped trying to figure you fuckers out decades ago. I don't know why you even pay for cable.
Brainwashed consumers to keep the economy flowing...spend spend spend ...must have what the Jones's have... Average American today is living paycheck to paycheck not saving anything, most under 40 actually in the red..

Gotta have those overpriced wings and starbucks coffee's...oh yeah and cable TV :thumbs up:.... I don't but most do.

I wouldn't watch it if you offered to pay my admission to that wings place and buy me a beer (but I'd go for the beer, just wouldn't watch).

Boxing is in such a sad state now. When was the last time there was a boxing match that got this kind of attention? Tyson/Holyfield? That was 20 fucking years ago! Seriously, I'm not even a casual fan, but I can't remember any fight since Tyson got his ear bitten off that drew this much national attention. And then what after this? Nothing. Boxing will sink back into irrelevance. That MMA shit is figuratively and literally kicking it's ass.

I love watching no-name guys box each other. There are no high stakes involved and it's two guys battling their hearts out; or not. Kinda like watching high school football. I would never watch a PPV event unless someone else paid for it.

MMA stuff really sucks. There is no action whatsoever when they go to the mat. A couple of guys laying on top of each other and sweating. No thanks. If they could stay on their feet and do more kick-boxing, that would be entertaining. But the jujitsu stuff doesn't make for good TV.

I love watching no-name guys box each other. There are no high stakes involved and it's two guys battling their hearts out; or not. Kinda like watching high school football. I would never watch a PPV event unless someone else paid for it.

MMA stuff really sucks. There is no action whatsoever when they go to the mat. A couple of guys laying on top of each other and sweating. No thanks. If they could stay on their feet and do more kick-boxing, that would be entertaining. But the jujitsu stuff doesn't make for good TV.

I agree. I remember when UFC was in it's infancy, it was exciting and very, very brutal. It had a lot more street fighting and kick boxing type stuff. No gloves, limbs cracking in half, faces destroyed, it was savage. It's still pretty rough, but it's very toned down now, and frankly not interesting to me at all.

The gaffer at the Snooker Hall asked me the other day if I wanted tickets to see "the fight", (he was all excited, you know the type) in the middle of the night, in their bar. £10 plus a free pint! I told him, ever so politely, to "fuck off". Middle of the night? Boxing? Do I look like a knobhead? I've got a wife and a life.....never my the fact that I'd rather eat a plate of my own shite than watch Boxing. Now, had he been selling tickets to watch a freshly painted wall dry, I'd of been all over it.

Until that moment, I didn't even know there was a fight happening and I really couldn't care about it. Apparently it's sold out now so I'm shit out of luck if I change my mind. :laughings:

$100 to watch it is a joke but while people are willing to pay that kind of cash, the same ol' shit will keep on happening.

:thumbs up:
This was the one.. I git such a chuckle, everyone all paid up and syced'...
Held at the Atlantic City Convention Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey Tyson/Spinks 88' promoted as "once and for all",[2] it was the richest fight in boxing history to that point, grossing some $70 million,[3] of which Tyson earned a record purse of around $20 million and Spinks $13.5 million.[4] Tyson won the fight, knocking out Spinks in 91 seconds.[5]
They're all like 'WTF!..

Boxing is a great sport, but it's been ruined by crooks. I realize crooks and gamblers always had their hand in it, but they managed to finally ruin it. The last good era of boxing was the 70's with Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, etc....It's over now.

But I'll take a good boxing match over a good UFC match any day. I'm obviously biased because my whole family are boxers, starting with my Dad who was the Technical Director of the Canadian Boxing federation and went to the Munich Olympics. I still box now and have a boxing teacher that I train with once a week. I love boxing. Too bad pro boxing sucks horribly now.

I'm watching the fight live for free.

But I'll take a good boxing match over a good UFC match any day. I'm obviously biased because my whole family are boxers, starting with my Dad who was the Technical Director of the Canadian Boxing federation and went to the Munich Olympics. I still box now and have a boxing teacher that I train with once a week. I love boxing. Too bad pro boxing sucks horribly now.

Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI

:)

Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI Must be polite to RAMI

:)
HA! Not at all. I'm a big pussy in real life. I look at it this way. If someone's bigger than me and wants to fight, he might kick my ass. If someone's smaller than me and wants to fight, he might know something that I don't want to find out. Having said that, I don't fear any man enough to not fight if it looks like it's either that or walk away. I've walked away, thinking I'm taking the so-called "high road" and it bothered me for years later, every time I think about it. I'd rather lose a fight than walk away from one. But I don't go looking for them. I've also learned, from taking Tae Kwon Do and getting a black belt many moons ago, that some of the wimpiest looking mother fuckers are deadly. You just never know. On top of that, these days, you don't know who you're messing with in the sense that too many fuckers won't hesitate to shoot or stab you.

Back