Why do I do this?

notCardio

I walk the line
OK, I've lamented many times on here that I'm broke. Not only broke, but if they still had debtor's prison, I'd be a lifer.

So, what do I do almost first thing every morning?

I get on and start checking used guitar forums and FB groups.

Why? I know I can't afford to buy anything if I find it. And it'll just piss me off that I can't if I do.

Do I need to go join one of those groups of monks that beat themselves on the back with chains?

I wouldnt worry too much. If the finances are as bad as you say, you are safe from purchases.

As to the window shopping agony?

Its just a matter of time before internet gets shut off and you wont be tempted.
:D

Sorry, just kidding and making light of things.

Keep window shopping. There's no harm if you are just browsing. I like to look at lots of stuff I will never buy. Wishes and dreams are not a crime, life is too short.

Much like a dieter who loses it and binges on candy, if you ever come into some money you will probably blow it all on guitars and not pay down any debt.
lol
lol

OK, I've lamented many times on here that I'm broke. Not only broke, but if they still had debtor's prison, I'd be a lifer.

So, what do I do almost first thing every morning?

Why? I know I can't afford to buy anything if I find it. And it'll just piss me off that I can't if I do.

Do I need to go join one of those groups of monks that beat themselves on the back with chains?
Chain.. to expensive. Used guitar strings

I wouldnt worry too much. If the finances are as bad as you say, you are safe from purchases.

As to the window shopping agony?

Its just a matter of time before internet gets shut off and you wont be tempted.

Sorry, just kidding and making light of things.

You and I must have similar styles of humor. I love gallows humor.

nC said:

I call it dreaming. Dreaming about the days when life is better and your financial status improves. Dreams gives you goals and goals are something you can make happen.

Hell, I'm always perusing around for the winning lottery ticket. Just dreamin'.

aaahhh. Now paying for past transgressions. maybe, you can dress them up as new guitars

Just to be clear, that's decades worth of collecting. Also, my most expensive was one $600 and one for $400. The only two real Gibsons I ever had. A couple in the 300-350 range, everything else was sub-$200, and probably half were under $100. I've only ever bought two brand new guitars in my life. One was 200, one was 150.

And I lost the vast majority of them to the pawn shop, especially the 'good' ones. The 'best' guitar I've got left is an Epi LP that I got for $250, and I'll probably have to sell it soon.

A friend of mine recently told me he had a whole room in his house dedicated to storing guitars, I told him that I have a 2 story office warehouse to store my gear :facepalm:

Alan.

Back