Whats up with Hacked stuff?

CoolCat

Experian hacked, Yahoo hacked, Hillarys hacked, Trumps hacked, everyones hacked etc...etc...

Whats the next phase for protected privacy? Seems everyones hacked these days so Im wondering whats everyone doing about it?

a) nothing
b) nuke all accounts
c) buy more software security memberships for $12.99 a month that dont work
d) become a hacker and steal all your info back
e) intentionally install malware and viruses on your pc so when they hack you they get sick
f) play guitar louder and write FU Hacker songs

just as they want us pushed to putting everything on their "secure" cloud....

luckily I dont have any money or power so my identity would probably not help a thief.
If I ruin my credit score intentionally, they wouldnt be able to even get a $500 account open.

maybe the new "secure" approach is ruining our Credit Ratings?

CREDIT SCORE OF 112!!!! YOU ARE SAFE!!

lol

I have Yahoo, maybe I'll get a Class Action check....$1.23 or something, I can buy half a coffee?

Experian hacked, Yahoo hacked, Hillarys hacked, Trumps hacked, everyones hacked etc...etc...

Whats the next phase for protected privacy? Seems everyones hacked these days so Im wondering whats everyone doing about it?

a) nothing
b) nuke all accounts
c) buy more software security memberships for $12.99 a month that dont work
d) become a hacker and steal all your info back
e) intentionally install malware and viruses on your pc so when they hack you they get sick
f) play guitar louder and write FU Hacker songs

Either:
1. Formatting the hard drive and installing Ubuntu Linux
or
2. Never connect your computer to the internet again. Which does remind me of what a friend told me one day,"When your computer is connected to the internet, its always exposed, and naked. Especially if it is a windows machine."

You can go to this site to see if your information has been breached by using your e-mail accounts. As far as on line security, if man can make it than man can bypass it. I use WordFence for my WordPress sites and I use "Force Advanced Passwords" for my communities. I also request new ATM cards every 6 months and I NEVER select auto renew on any of my accounts.

With that being said, my e-mail address has shown that my information has been breached 3 times since 2012. Once by vBulletin, (the same software this forum uses), once by B2B Business and once by Dropbox.

View attachment 100643

Last edited:
Sadly, even getting rid of your computers altogether wouldn’t save you from negligent companies like equifax. It was their computers at fault, and even if you never opened an account on their site, chances are a bank gave them your name, address, and ss number at some point.

The kicker: equifax wasn’t even really hacked, someone just guessed the login. Username: admin, password: admin.

You know what is really sad, its been like that since 1992 up to about a month ago when they fixed php. Otherwise, the 1=1 trick got you admin login on most sites.

Seems one theory is they create another huge trillion dollar industry, computer insurance industry, like Medical and Life insurance....

LifeLok, Matlok, HackLok., PC-Lok, Apple-SafeLok, Internet-Lok....

the Pee-Ons just need to send their money... a monthly pay $$$..... lol Windows and all these companies probably are board members of the "Lok Inc"

But if guessing passowrds is that easy, then that says very little about Equifax and others and they should be held accountable (sued severely, if not just shut down for being lazy slothful pos) ..wow?

My financial info and creditworthiness is kind of like my house. I always said that if anyone ever broke in, they'd probably feel so bad that they'd leave me something.

yeah, someone who needs to steal my crap needs the $30 pawn shop money more than me.
the whole credit rating scam-brainwash is banks and for people in the money biz.
its never helped or hurt me as I dont buy houses and cars very often, nor do I take out loans all the time.

hmmm? maybe a new business of helping people ruin their credit to eliminate the fear of being hacked financially?

My credit is decent although I'm worth more dead than alive, and I still haven't taken any action. I figure I didn't create the problem so why spend hours on the phone and/or money out of my own pocket to freeze my reports? I'm begging to have them use my stolen identity, I'll file a suit against Equifax on my own.

The bigger underlying issue I have with the entire Equifax situation is that I never formally authorized them to collect and retain all that information on me. The way I see it, someone stole the information they stole (or obtained illegally ... aka, without consent which = stole).

Google’s Heather Adkins thinks everybody is going to get hacked and you need to be ready

That's /\ a hyperlink to the story there above...../\.....

I'm a google dude and love the power that is Google...I've been using their e-mail since @ 2002 both for personal and for business. I use their Google Drive, (AWESOME) Google photos and several other google things......sketchup 3d drawing , keep for notes....docs for making online forms and surveys...powerful cool shit. When Google gets hacked and they do, they have a plan and redundancy beyond any other company in the world...fun fact...Google is the worlds 3rd largest manufacturer of servers....and Google is their only customer......redundancy baby!....

So in the end we're all gonna get bit...just do everything you can to keep as little valuable information available to the bastards as you can and have your important stuff backed up.....

One more safety protocol tip for all you windows users...got the tip here many years ago and have never been seriously whooped / infected since..... Never go onto the internet when you are in administrator mode ...set up another user account that has ZERO administrator privileges and use that for day to day computer use and internet...Yes it is a hassle when you want to download a program that needs to be installed...you have to switch over or type in a password to make it happen.....well worth the price....Bugs can't get into your registry if you do not have admin privileges...a pop up will come up saying you need admin privileges ...if you weren't trying to install something you know you have a virus trying to screw you......

interesting....so basically surf on guest.

one of my devices is the google chromebook everyone said not to buy...but its been great for mindless surfing. I can do the full reset often which wipes it clean because theres no real moving parts. Ive dropped it on the floor(tile) and its still going. i switched from firefox to chrome for some reason.

google could probably run equifax better than equifax. transunion, experian....they all suck.

TAE, I didn't even know Google made other stuff like you were describing. I feel so out of it. Especially for a former techie.

Will someone please close the gate to the pasture behind me?

Hey you kids! Get out of my meadow!

interesting....so basically surf on guest.

Yes but make sure that the Guest or whatever you name it has no administrator privileges..anything that wants to mess with the registry must then get permission...i.e. software, hardware drivers and virus's.

TAE, I didn't even know Google made other stuff like you were describing.

Drive is the schizzle dizzle....I have everything that is important on my google drive I have G drive on all my PC's and in the cloud...It syncs them all. I can give specific files permissions for other people to access the files..and if I allow it they can edit them or add files to a certain folder...all changes are updated on all the PC's...quite a wonderful thing when it's time to set up a new computer at least for my office files...add G drive ...sync ...done...

I knew about Drive (though not the particulars) but not Sketchup or Keep. Anything else cool I should know about?

I have a gmail account, but I won't use it for anything important. Everybody's always so paranoid about the government knowing your communications but they don't seem to mind at all just giving this information to some giant corporation. Because nothing makes you think of warm and fuzzy benevolence like a giant multinational corporation. Anyway, it didn't take long for me to notice that the peripheral ads were referencing things that were discussed in my emails.

Google Voice is AMAZING.......saved my ass recently when I was sitting in an airport in Moscow trying to get on the internets....:eek:

The "Free wifi" at the airport required you authenticating your phone...Put in my regular phone number I get a text but it is missing the code...try it again...no code... Then I tried my google voice number that I have forward to the same phone....BAM got the code and got me my internet...Whew! Also hooked up a few other patriots that couldn't get past the Soviet wall...:D

I use hangouts ( part of google voice) on my mobile phone all the time...long as I got wifi I can call all around the world very inexpensively...I was just in Italy and called home with hangouts for free the whole trip ( because I was calling a U.S. local number)

Then there is my little Obihai that works with google voice that I bought for $60 that provides us with a land line that can call all over the U.S. for free and cheap international...Awesome voicemail system, awesome caller ID filtering system...any bastard calling me that isn't on my "safe" list has to state their name...amazingly 90% of the asshat solicitors that used to drive me crazy now hang up and appear as a "missed call" darn

I also use the filtering on my mobile ....I have my t-mobile number that I don't give to anybody and my google voice number that forwards to the t-mobile number that goes everywhere and anywhere..on my business card, on my website.....I don't care if I don't know you and you're not one of my "safe" callers you have to state your name, no name.... no answer AWESOME AND All my voicemails and text are there years back just a few clicks away...

There's google+ which is a little weird but still kind of a cool little social thing....Google News ...Yep set up for just the news I want to be informed on.

OH shit Google flights OMFG! The most awesome tool for booking flights anywhere in the world...

Of course google maps...but did you know? Say I'm going to BF Egypt...I type in the city and then type in the search bar Hotel bam all the hotels in the area and then just like expedia or Priceline you punch in your dates and it shows whats available and the price you're going to pay....

Yeah I'm a googlenut love me some google....

Back