Whats up with Hacked stuff?

You can go to this site to see if your information has been breached by using your e-mail accounts. As far as on line security, if man can make it than man can bypass it. I use WordFence for my WordPress sites and I use "Force Advanced Passwords" for my communities. I also request new ATM cards every 6 months and I NEVER select auto renew on any of my accounts.

With that being said, my e-mail address has shown that my information has been breached 3 times since 2012. Once by vBulletin, (the same software this forum uses), once by B2B Business and once by Dropbox.

View attachment 100643

Shit like share sites are easily breached. I went through 4 credit cards between this year and last because of Home Depot, Target, and who fucking knows. It was ridiculous.

One time one of my cards issued 3 weeks new was charged over $500 at a Wallmart in California. I live in Colorado. Crazy... Obviously the charges were credited back and the card number changed, but what a pain in the ass.

In regards to using Gmail as my defacto e-mail account...I probably have 30 gmail accounts with me using 3 of them all the time...One personal one that actually uses my companies web domain but powered by gmail and then one other business e-mail that does not reference my website. I use adaware and I don't feel google is any more leading me to somewhere they want than Amazon or Ebay is...

I live a pretty boring life other than secretly being a closet rock star...really ain't got much to hide...screw em if they want to know what I am doing... they are going to figure it out with or without me using the most kick ass e-mail system in the world.

And as long as you use good passwords you are as safe as Hillary :guitar:

In regards to using Gmail as my defacto e-mail account...I probably have 30 gmail accounts with me using 3 of them all the time...One personal one that actually uses my companies web domain but powered by gmail and then one other business e-mail that does not reference my website. I use adaware and I don't feel google is any more leading me to somewhere they want than Amazon or Ebay is...

I live a pretty boring life other than secretly being a closet rock star...really ain't got much to hide...screw em if they want to know what I am doing... they are going to figure it out with or without me using the most kick ass e-mail system in the world.

And as long as you use good passwords you are as safe as Hillary :guitar:

Nothing much anyone can steal from me either. Go ahead, take access to my soundcloud page. lol!

Most of my money is in my wallet or in my studio. Security system, guns and dogs take care of that issue.

Shit like share sites are easily breached. I went through 4 credit cards between this year and last because of Home Depot, Target, and who fucking knows. It was ridiculous.

One time one of my cards issued 3 weeks new was charged over $500 at a Wallmart in California. I live in Colorado. Crazy... Obviously the charges were credited back and the card number changed, but what a pain in the ass.

Ya man, it is just plain crazy. My Mother went into the hospital 12 or 14 years ago. A 24 year old girl that took her credit card information during the in take process, stole the card number and jammed it up to the limit. My Mother went to get gas one day and her card was declined. That is when the red flags went up and her bank starting getting involved.

This was way before life lock came into being and identity theft had not turned into a multi billion dollar business. It took 6 months and threats to sue the hospital before she was able to square things up with her bank. The girl got 3 months probation and my Mother, God rest her soul, dealt with this till the day she died.

in the old days of credit cards, back when you could write off the interest.....
my buddy ran two Radio SHacks and said the merchant was responsible for credit card theft because they, the merchant/store, was required to ask for two id's. the theft always came out of his pocket of the Radio Shack store kitty....because they failed to ask for two ID's. but those days are gone...

now the id thing is gone this is opening the door even more for hacks and theifs it seems. gas pumps, online, most everywhere no one asks to see your picture ID!!!
then the theif's write it down in the back room as they run your card and later give it some usage online or at the gas pumps....like they did your mom. its real common in restaurants and bars Ive read.

more security questions and codes should be asked everytime someone uses a card like your moms. it would be a hassle but its better than getting ripped off and doesnt cost us like LifeLock $$$$.

how many times do merchants look at the back of your card for the signature and compare it to your license? never. thats all old school crap too.

we are a society that doesnt want to be burdened with anything like 30 second security checks. crazy.... so this is where it is.

the banks are making 28% interest off trillions in credit debt so they are still making a profit over the theif's stealing your card and card numbers for online Video games and Silk Road dope and Bitcoin purchasing... I suppose the banks are doing fine, or else they would be doing more about it.

@CoolCat . Regarding your last post, wiser words have never been spoken. Every card I carry, on the back where you place your signature, I have "PLEASE ASK FOR ID". In the last ten years, I only had to do this 5 or 6 time. Chalk it up to pure laziness.

Now, fast forward to two weeks ago. I saw a car I wanted to buy that was near my bank. Navy Federal Credit Union. I had no plastic on me as my wife of 32 years removed them, as the day before I went to Guitar Center. She gets real nervous when I go there on my own. All I had was one of my Corp Checks. I have not signed a check in the last 15 years. My wife does all my banking. Happy Wife = Happy Life!

So I be bop up to the teller, whip out my check that has been stuffed in my wallet for God knows how long, write the amount and sign it. Meanwhile, the seller of the car was waiting in the lobby. Now, keep in mind that I deal with this teller on a weekly basis.

She politely says: Mack, we have a problem. The first thing that shot into my mind was my identity had be breached and my business account was emptied. I was mistaken. I said what is the problem? Mack, the signature card we have on file does not come close to the signature on your check.

I asked how could that be and I was starting to get hot under the collar. I wanted this car, my money was in their bank and yet I could not retrieve it. She placed the signature card next to my check and low and behold, it was like night and day. Then I remembered what my wife told me several years back. "Go ahead and sign it babe, I never write checks".

For a split second, I was pissed. Then I slowly started to smile as I figured out my bank was doing their job! My wife left her job, met me at the bank, gave me my cards back and everyone went on their merry way after I was able to withdraw my own money. On the way out of the bank, I asked to speak to the branch manager. She asked me if there was a problem. I said, no mam. I just wanted to let you know that your employee was looking out for one of your members. Have a wonderful day!

funny story and cheaper than Lifelok.
i dont mind them doing their jobs, its only 30seconds for them to ask for a security extra password or a drivers license.
on the other hand I like swiping for gasoline and going versus the old days of standing in the gas station line for 14 minutes.

she took the cards before you went to guitar center ahahaa

she took the cards before you went to guitar center ahahaa

Ya, she does the same thing when I go to Sears for tools. Now, talking about scams and identity theft, you just can't make this crap up. Yesterday, I got a call from the old IRS scam artists. I decided to have a little fun with them and recorded our conversation. Since we both reside in one party states, I kept this fact to myself till the end of the conversation when I just could not stand it anymore.

I tried to act scared as well as panicked. This helps build their confidence and they can just taste the money, that is fixing to come their way, or so they think. The more I acted scared, the more time I was going to spend in the pokie. The out come is always the same. Go to Wal-Mart, buy a visa cash card for $1,000, wait 60 mins and they will call you back for the number on the card.

The pic below is their scam number and is listed through out Google. It is sad to think that some people still fall for this type of scam. Mostly the elderly according to the stats. You can listen to our conversation below, it is 9 min 29 secs. His side is breaking up at certain points a little due to his VOIP system and its use of heavy compression.

View attachment 100756

View attachment 100755

Last edited:
Ya, she does the same thing when I go to Sears for tools. Now, talking about scams and identity theft, you just can't make this crap up. Yesterday, I got a call from the old IRS scam artists. I decided to have a little fun with them and recorded our conversation. Since we both reside in one party states, I kept this fact to myself till the end of the conversation when I just could not stand it anymore.

I tried to act scared as well as panicked. This helps build their confidence and they can just taste the money, that is fixing to come their way, or so they think. The more I acted scared, the more time I was going to spend in the pokie. The out come is always the same. Go to Wal-Mart, buy a visa cash card for $1,000, wait 60 mins and they will call you back for the number on the card.

The pic below is their scam number and is listed through out Google. It is sad to think that some people still fall for this type of scam. Mostly the elderly according to the stats. You can listen to our conversation below, it is 9 min 29 secs. His side is breaking up at certain points a little due to his VOIP system and its use of heavy compression.

View attachment 100756
View attachment 100755
I had that one leave me a message before, but I just ignore it. I had one that was a lady (that mysteriously sounded like the same voice on the automated sprint messages) try to sell me "affordable healthcare" from a caller id of a cell phone number. I called the number back and its the real owner of the cell phone, and didn't know that someone spoofed the caller id. I think I got rid of her because I said over and over again "take me off the list" last time it called me and the last sentence (instead of "are you looking for affordable health insurance?) she said, " your phone number will be taken off our phone list, have a nice day".

I never answer my phone unless I have you in my contacts. Most are spam calls and usually don't leave a message. The 'No Contact list' is worthless now. Kind of like the spam here.

theres nothing done to the hackers, look at Yahoo hacked 3 billion, Equifax, more and more nothing happens and drops out of news. ONce it drops off the news the politicians move to newer issues or special interests.

phone marketing hackers dont care about a "dont call list", what happens? probably nothing.

the hackers can just say "the server did it." robot hackers?

Back