Whats the story with your username?

How I got Commander Flashback

Several years after I left the road, playing with Bearman007, I took a job as a Disk Jockey in Indianapolis. The club was an "Oldies" nightclub, and they wanted me to take on some sort of persona that could be identified with the club, rather than my recognizable name as a musician. I invented Commander Flashback, inter-galactic warrior for the preservation of classic rock and roll throughout the civilized planets. At some point most people had forgotten my "real" name, and just started calling me "Flash", or "Commander". That is STILL true as to this day. Even my trusty bowling ball has "FLASH" engraved on it.

I just joined this forum today, and have just bought a Lexicon Omega mixer, and will be using both Cubase, and Sonar. I have been recording MIDI music for over three decades, but am a novice at all the new methods for complete audio projects. I hope to learn from this forum how to come into the 21st Century. Bearman007 is going to be my guide, but I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Newbee here, just joined a few days ago. My first name is Barry, but I've been called Bearman for ever. Golfing buddies: Nice shot, Bearman! 007? Sounded cool, which I'm not, LOL!

Don't let Bearman007 fool ya' . . . he IS cool, and an incredibly talented recordist. Y'all will be happy to have him on board! Cdr Flashback

they wanted me to take on some sort of persona that could be identified with the club, rather than my recognizable name as a musician. I invented Commander Flashback, inter-galactic warrior for the preservation of classic rock and roll throughout the civilized planets.
I'm glad it was nothing to do with LSD. I was anticipating a "Captain Trips" type tale !

I'm glad it was nothing to do with LSD. I was anticipating a "Captain Trips" type tale !

Isn't Captain Trips what the plague was called in The Stand?

Yup
Wikipedia said:
"Captain Trips" refers to both the title of the first third of The Stand and of a slang term used within the novel for a viral biological weapon that obliterates a significant portion of the world's human population.

That's a great name for a band...

Last edited:
Armistice was/is the name of my instrumental act..

Why I picked that name is another story... that had to do with needing a name to put on my first CD and having not much time to think about it and after scanning the dictionary all day realising that it was the 11th of November.... voila.. :eek:

Arcadeko - I've always known you as arcade-ko - I think you let drop the arcade game thing somewhere in an early post before I'd worked out what it was meant to be, and so I avoided arca-dekko... :D

Clivus--i got this in head and neck anatomy class when i commented to my study group that the term 'clivus' (an anatomical feature in the base of our skulls) sounded like an interesting name. They subsequently dubbed me as such.

Clivus--i got this in head and neck anatomy class when i commented to my study group that the term 'clivus' (an anatomical feature in the base of our skulls) sounded like an interesting name. They subsequently dubbed me as such.

Sounds like a medical tool used to separate breasts during enhancement surgery. No offense meant fellow Missouri-ite. In fact I may add that to my 'street' vocab.

:D

k is for keith, all sweet and nice
c is for cunty, a name used on me thrice
e is for elephant, the size of my cock
a is for sport sock, oh no its not
r is for rectum, i badly ripped mine once
l is for sex in young offenders with a nonce

Back