Whats the story with your username?

While on the subject of names . . . I wonder about the extent of nominative determinism there is here. Nominative determinism is where a person's name suits there occupation, e.g. Mr Graves working in a cemetery.

For example, there seem to be a lot of Mikes here, a couple of Toms. Maybe there is a Jack somewhere? It would be neat if your name was Mike Cable or Mike Stand.

As for Gecko Zzed . . . that was a character I had when I used to play Dungeons & Dragons RPGs with the kids when they were little. Zzed comes from a character in the Police Academy movies (I think) and Gecko is just Gecko. I've been using it on and off for about twenty-five years!

When I was 10-13 years old I had a lucrative backyard wrestling career. :laughings:
Seriously.
Go ahead. Make the jokes.
...Those were the days. Before my friends started playing school football, trying to drink beer :drunk:, getting obnoxiously loud trucks, listening to hinder (gross) and doing a horrible job of being the typical teen male. I eventually bought a guitar after being denied a drum set, learned some ramones and alice in chains songs :( and became the other typical teen male.
The name stuck around though.
I can't really remember how I came up with that name. But I remember I decided to spell 'cage' with a 'k' because I could make a cooler logo with "kk" as opposed to "kc"

I use it as my username everywhere.

Villain S. Deeds was my stage name several years back when I played in a glam/goth-pop-metal band. It's based on a nickname my dad gave me when I was little.

I'm a huge Redskins fan.

Ahhh, and all this time I thought you were a Virginia Tech fan. (Okay, so they call it maroon, but frikkin close enough)

I hate getting caught unprepared like trying to figure out a new username when all your usual ones are taken. So, when I signed up here, I fell back on an old nickname.... Chili.

Man, the arcade KO thing blew my mind. I am sticking with arka - dekko myself dammit!

heatmiser has been my online name on various sites since we first got online in the mid-'90's.

My whole family likes the rankin/bass christmas TV specials and heatmiser was always my favorite character. I was bummed when I tried to register it as my band name on Soundclick and it was taken. I didn't realize there was an actual band with that name once - some elliot smith project?

Lt. Bob is from a pretty old video game a friend of mine and I used to play called B-17.
VERY minimal graphics ..... almost none, in fact.

The goal was to complete 50 B-17 missions over Germany and you started out as a Lt. gaining rank as you survived missions. We never did make it all the way thru but I made Cap't. a few times.
Anyway, you had to name your pilot and for whatever reason we thought Lt. Bob sounded funny so when I joined my first board that's what I used.
Like many of you ...... I've often wished I'd chosen differently but your screen name becomes a part of your on-line persona so Lt. Bob it is.

Lt. Bob is from a pretty old video game a friend of mine and I used to play called B-17.
VERY minimal graphics ..... almost none, in fact.

The goal was to complete 50 B-17 missions over Germany and you started out as a Lt. gaining rank as you survived missions. We never did make it all the way thru but I made Cap't. a few times.
Anyway, you had to name your pilot and for whatever reason we thought Lt. Bob sounded funny so when I joined my first board that's what I used.
Like many of you ...... I've often wished I'd chosen differently but your screen name becomes a part of your on-line persona so Lt. Bob it is.

Love that game

When I was 10-13 years old I had a lucrative backyard wrestling career. :laughings:
Seriously.
Go ahead. Make the jokes.
...Those were the days. Before my friends started playing school football, trying to drink beer :drunk:, getting obnoxiously loud trucks, listening to hinder (gross) and doing a horrible job of being the typical teen male. I eventually bought a guitar after being denied a drum set, learned some ramones and alice in chains songs :( and became the other typical teen male.
The name stuck around though.
I can't really remember how I came up with that name. But I remember I decided to spell 'cage' with a 'k' because I could make a cooler logo with "kk" as opposed to "kc"

I use it as my username everywhere.

:D And in this corner ... The Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusher! :spank:

Warner Brothers -----Bugs Bunny

Getting a user name on some sites is liking to get a vanity plate from the state.

:mad: Can't even get ASSMAN any more! :spank:

People go through the task of having a user name that isn't their real name for what ever reason and through correspondence you find out their real name.

Is it proper then to call them by their real name or the alias user name they have chosen?
I'd say the alias. Unless the alias is also their real name. Then it's quids in.

Miroslav is equivalent to Frank in some European countires....
With Miroslava as the female rendering. I know a Miroslava, I think from Poland.

:D And in this corner ... The Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusher! :spank:

Warner Brothers -----Bugs Bunny
My little brother and I laughed for years about that one about the Crusher !

When I was a teenager back in the 70s, I used to write stories in my head and I wrote a couple about bands so I've been into naming bands for ages. By the time I heard Bruce Cockburn's "Grim travellers", I thought that I'd name whatever musical aggregation I was in either The Grim Traveller or Boa Constrictor. Anyway....moving swiftly on, when I first got on line in 2004 (I was a late convert), I was trying to set up an e~mail thingy and I was flabbergasted to see my name used and I tried 5 or 6 different e~mail addresses and they all came back as already taken. So on a whim, I tried one with grimtraveller in it, not really intending to use it because for me it was always a name for a band, just out of curiosity. And it got accepted {I think it was Netscape}. I couldn't be bothered to change it and as time went by and I hooked up with various on line outfits it just became easier to be grimtraveller. It's sort of ironic because I'm anything but grim. But there's this other grimtraveller who hacks into people's stuff and causes on line mayhem and seems like a thoroughly naughty chap. Don't confuse me with him ! I'm next to computer illiterate and my thieving days have long since passed !!

Newbee here, just joined a few days ago. My first name is Barry, but I've been called Bearman for ever. Golfing buddies: Nice shot, Bearman! 007? Sounded cool, which I'm not, LOL!

Mine is simply cause I have a Buzzard Bass, and wanted something music related, and Buzzard was already taken. My real name's Andrew if anyone cares, but you can call me Ray. Or you can call me Ray Jay, etc. etc. etc. Did that guy have any other routines?

Mine is simply cause I have a Buzzard Bass, and wanted something music related, and Buzzard was already taken. My real name's Andrew if anyone cares, but you can call me Ray. Or you can call me Ray Jay, etc. etc. etc. Did that guy have any other routines?

Oh yeah! Raymond J Johnson Jr. "but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!" :laughings:

Back